Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last weekends ribs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last weekends ribs...

Picked up a couple of racks of spareribs for the fun of it. I'll take it. The next one should be a bit better, I used the absolute last of my charcoal and had to nurse it along, maybe wasn't quite enough.

BBQ'd with a couple of chunks of hickory and apple, rub was just a simple one thrown together, sprayed with apple cider vinegar, sauce was an ancho/molasses sauce that I found on my shelf buried behind a can of beans that had to get used before the "best by" date passed.

Going on...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3983.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	212962

Finished product...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribs finished.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	212961

looks like something i'd eat!

Comment

Heh, the fire was literally going out by the time I pulled them. I was keeping 275 for about three hours, after that it was a race against time and inevitability while trying to put as much air through the coals before they burned off. I was around 220 at the grate when they came off.

Comment

Looks mighty fine. If you haven't done so already, check out this link to Meathead's Memphis Dust for an excellent pork rib rub: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_...phis_dust.html . It's kind of a staple around here

Comment

faultytower, Your Ribs look great! I was trying to figure how long your cook lasted! The reason for asking I was wondering what you are using for a thermometer for Grill Temps?
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

The way I was running it should have only gone for four hours if I had enough fuel to get me through. I have a Kamado K7 and ran out of fuel at about the 3.5 hour mark. These ended up going for a little over 4.5 hours because I was using the residual wall heat to get me to the end.

I've got that ThermoWorks ThermaQ setup for looking at the food / air temps. We have some of the ThermoWorks stuff at work for some of the testing we do and they make good things.

Comment

Very nice looking ribs. I'll second the Memphis Dust for ribs (and butts).

Comment

Sounds like you did great with your temps, nice job.

Comment

Regardless of how you got there, the results look good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here