Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/4" sliced pork belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4" sliced pork belly

All,

i asked my my wife to bring me home a big slab of pork belly from the butcher, so that I could slow smoke it. Well she did, but only after the butcher sliced it in to 1/4" wide strips. Ugh! That's not what I wanted. Oh well.

So the question, what should I do with it now!? Anyone ever done anything good with slices of pork belly? I'm open suggestions, in a big way. 😃

Thanks!

here is my experience with that exact thing

So my wife got me 5 lbs or pork belly for christmas and i never looked at it very closely. she just showed me the package in the freezer and told me what it

Comment

• TallTrees
      TallTrees commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! I like what you did by tying it up. Brilliant. I think I may try that. And I've had gout ... it's no fun!

Marinade it and do a round of Korean style BBQ.
    Grind it with lean meat and make sausage, meatballs, and burgers.
    Dice and use in the base for soups (like kimchi jjigae).
    Confit - I usually do this with whole belly, but it would work with strips (cure, sous vide at 160 f, then smoke or sear).

Comment

A little salt & pepper and fry it up in a pan. Make some gravy with the drippings and serve over biscuits or cornbread (or even grits). Awesome! Most folk who don't like it are expecting it to taste like bacon & are put off when it doesn't. It's NOT bacon. Expect it to taste like pork! I always save back a little fresh belly when I make bacon. Love side pork!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here