Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Homemade Bacon - Homerun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Homemade Bacon - Homerun

Followed Meathead's recipe. Pictured is the Maple Bacon. Tasting it hot right off the smoker (pulled off at 165, hickory and applewood for smoke) blew my mind. My wife said it tasted like candy right off the grill and more like "bacon" after a night in the fridge.

I made this two weeks ago. Fried a bunch up, cubed some for salads and gave some away to lucky family and friends.

Thank you Meathead, making my own bacon is a dream come true!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	205632

Finished product!

Views:	79
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	205633
    Pork Belly from the Union Pork Store in NJ.

Views:	78
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	205634

Batch of Maple and Basic in cure.

Now you're spoiled! The store bought stuff will never be quite the same again! Welcome to the "club", & congrats on a great product!

Comment

• jasondk
      jasondk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It's like nothing else. Can't go back, won't back!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here