Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork for 700 people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled pork for 700 people

Hello my pit boss brethren I need some advice. My unit wants to cook pulled pork for the minot air show coming up and asked if I could help. I've made my self famous through people like you through your awesome recipes, tips, and advice. I need to know how many pork shoulders would I need to cook for 700 people. 1 serving is going to be with buns and the other is going to be on top of fries. This is a fund raiser that supports our end of year holiday party (it's not called xmas because we don't do it on the date not for political reasons). I have a traeger http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/gr.../TFB65LZB.html. I can fit about 5 maybe 6 if I REALLY do some fancy organizing.

any help would be appreciated greatly!!!!

Wow that's ambitious!

Comment

Approx. 175 pounds of raw butts should cover you for 700 large sandwiches. Maybe up it a little bit if you want extra.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        frijolefrito (As gigantic Pig sinks back into water after trying to bite me!!I in a very stunned voice say: ) "Your gonna need a bigger Smoker!!!"

You can figure about 4/5 ozs of pork per sandwich and go from there.

Comment

How should I setup the plates? 5 dollar big sandwich and chips? 1 waters/soda? Maybe make some homemade coleslaw?

Comment

Recipe tax: Tried this but it was okay. Going to try more rustic one http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make...h-bread-224367

This post has been a long time in the making. Back in March when my Irishman and I decided to give it another go, we came up with a brilliant plan. We would try and swing things so we could live 3 weeks every month in the snowy mountains where my Irishman works and spend […]

Comment

We sell a big sammich, bag of chips, some sliced pickles, small cup of BBQ sauce, little dessert (cookie, brownie) for $6

Comment

• GadjetGriller
              GadjetGriller commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod Broussard that's a wonderful price! you cant get a Sammich plus that other stuff around here for less than 10 bucks.

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Well we try to beat out what you can get out west by a few bucks. GadjetGriller When you coming out with another video, I'm having theme music withdrawals.

• GadjetGriller
              GadjetGriller commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod Broussard Thought I had the stuff together to make one last week. But The Brisket component of it didn't come out like I needed so had to postpone it to later this week. (can't smoke another Brisket while still have one in the fridge)

It would scare me. I'm always reminded of the Seinfeld episode where George's father cooked for a group when I think of cooking for the masses....

Comment

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't wrap the burritos too tightly!

I don't when it's pork butt. It's really forgiving and I have stuff to make it ahead of time and store it in. Used to off books cator.

Comment

So we got the no because it had to be frozen and cooked there... booo... I was ready tho.

Comment

What a bummer, every summer! Maybe they should order pizza.

Comment

Make it in advance, add about 1 TBS butter per pound and some apple juice, vacuum seal and freeze. Take it to your event, about an hour or so before you need it fill some beer coolers full of hot/boiling water and slip the sealed bags of frozen meat into the cooler and let them warm up. Monitor the cooler water temp and if it dips below 140, add more boiling water.

Comment

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bingo!

• GirlpoweredBBQ
                    GirlpoweredBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That would be a brilliant way to do it! I gotta remember to try adding butter to mine. I keep forgetting....

There is one more issue: Liability. Feeding the public always carries risk. If somebody gets a tummy ache, even if it is what she had for breakfast, and calls the health inspector or sues, you could be in a heap of trouble. I never cook for the public for this reason and I get asked all the time. I like my house and I intend to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    There is one more issue: Liability. Feeding the public always carries risk. If somebody gets a tummy ache, even if it is what she had for breakfast, and calls the health inspector or sues, you could be in a heap of trouble. I never cook for the public for this reason and I get asked all the time. I like my house and I intend to keep it.
                    Great advice!

Comment

No!!! I got so excited. What a bummer! So, how many smokers do you have? Or, is it some giant pit?! Dying to know how you'd accomplish that!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here