Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swan song final smoke on weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swan song final smoke on weber

My 26" weber kettle is being delivered tomorrow so my 15 year old weber 22 kettle got what is probably her final cook today. Baby back ribs, 24 hr spice rub, 225 degrees for 3 hours over applewood with a sweet and hot BBQ sauce and sear.

Nice cook but don't put her down. She still has a lot to give.

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 agree with Jon Solberg . It has a lot to give, either for you or someone else.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      +1^... Keep them both for when you do large cooks.👍

For sure!!! I have a couple friends I'm approaching to see if they want to take her on so she can continue to run. She has been an awesome grill and made me a Weber customer for life.

Comment

Or you could do what so many around here do ... keep them both as the starting point for an eventual ridiculously large collection of grills, smokers, UDS's, thermometers, etc.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know

• SoonerBQuer
        SoonerBQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got two and would love a 3rd. It's a wonderful sickness, lol!

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        MBMorgan ... You're a funny guy.😆 That is a definite trait of us Pit members. We join having a single grill or smoker and then within a couple of years were expanding deck space and buying storage sheds.🙈

The ribs look guuuuuuud Mitrakas

Comment

• Mitrakas
        Mitrakas commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DW

I'm still cooking on a 27 year old Weber kettle, and she is going strong!

Comment

Congrats but, smaller Weber = smaller cooks. Just sayin'.

Comment

Keep her. You can smoke on the 26 and do sides on the 22.

Comment

Beautiful ribs! Enjoy that 26" kettle. It's massive.

Comment

*trumpets playing in the background* You did good smokey... you did good. Now go off to grill heaven. *21 gun salute*

Comment

You will be able to find a home for it. If not. Craig's List it. You will find a buyer.

Comment

Mitrakas - Please keep your 22. There are many times that a second cooker has really come in handy in my life. I'f i'm smoking something @ 225 andI need to bake some bread or do a dessert or the kids want pizza, what are you going to do? I've always found multiple cooks to be a real advantage!

Congrats on your new 26" Weber.

Comment

Mitrakas, I Think this Mercy Assisted Grillacide Might be Illegal in Most States? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

If you have the space, as some have suggested two are better than one - especially if you are going to cook an entire meal on the grill.

Comment

Mitrakas please, don't do it. You will never forgive yourself. Low and slow on one, sear on the other, larger parties, sides, 325 and 225 and smaller cuts of meat are just some of the reasons to keep her. I have the 22 and the 26.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here