Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking St. Louis ribs and rib tips on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking St. Louis ribs and rib tips on Monday

I am cooking St. Louis ribs which should take about 5 hours, but I also have rib tips. How long should these take to cook? I'm using a BroilKing Keg for the ribs at 225*, how much less time should the rib tips take?

Welcome lbyer

Comment

Welcome aboard ... and the answer is as long as it takes to render collagen and fat ... 190++

Comment

@ibyer, Welcome to The Pit! I totally agree with Your time estimate for the Stl Ribs! I am going to refer you to the Recipie section of Amazing Ribs, where you should be able to search for Recipies, You also can Search the Pit for Member Posts! I hope this helps You!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

SLC's can take 6 or more hours, depending on lots of variables, and whether you wrap or not (I never do with ribs.) Just saying. Good luck with the cook and take pics for us, or it never happened.

Comment

lbyer Welcome to the Pit! St. Louis Ribs usually take 6 hours on my BGE at 225.

Comment

lbyer - I generally cook rib tips about 4 hours or so because that's about as long as I can stand it without a taste!

Generally I cook 'em until they probe tender.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and ditto what CeramicChef and LA Pork Butt said.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here