Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheat

Hello everybody, I could use some idea's or words of wisdom here. This will be the first time I will be cooking one day and serving the next day. I will be cooking two Boston butt's for pulled pork on Saturday. I will be serving the food around 2:00 on Sunday how should I go about reheating. I will be at a pavilion with no amenities. My thoughts are Sunday morning I will put the already pulled meat into the oven covered probably around 175 degs and slowly bring it up, then put it in faux cambro until I'm ready to serve it.

That will work. You could even kick it up to 190-200 F. if you want to speed the process a little.

Comment

Pull it and put meat in ziplock bag, and throw in beer cooler of hot water, at least 140 F.

Comment

• choffert
        choffert commented
        Editing a comment
        Redneck sous vide! ;-)

KARB2014 I routinely cook butts for 12-14 hours @ 225 to an internal temp of 200. I plan to pull them and put them in a faux cambro 2-4 hours before I serve. Here's what I would do. Count back with enough time to get to where you are going and pull them on site. To play it safe and put them on the cooker around ten Saturday night. Of course, if you have to monitor you cooker all night you might want to reconsider.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; April 15, 2016, 12:03 PM. Reason: 2014 not 214 :)

Comment

LA Pork Butt if this wasn't my second long cook with the slow n sear I may have concidered it. Also my Pit barrel cooker I don't think I trust it. I usually have to crack the lid a few times during a long cook. Also this is for my sons birthday party so if anything were to go wrong I would never hear the end of it from my wife. If it was at my house I also wouldn't have a problem startung at 4 am but it is at a pavilion 1 hr away so I just want to be prepared and just leave in the am.

Comment

@KARB2014 This link from Pork Lord might be the answer to your question. Great article from Texas Monthly on faux vide

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here