Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, I Need a Potluck Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, I Need a Potluck Recipe

Potluck at work for 15 people and there is no oven available. I do not own a crock pot but I do have an 8 qt Instant pot. I want to use some pulled pork I have on hand. One person can't eat anything spicy.

Any ideas?

Pulled pork nacho bar

Comment

I have made ribs with this blend of herbs and spices (sage, rosemary, garlic), and you have an Instant Pot, which also works as a slow cooker. A quick google so nobody has to guess at anything gave me this, which I would make in a heartbeat. Mrs Mosca can’t have the tomato sauce, so I’d just make it with a white wine/lemon/butter thing.

A tender braised pork shoulder rubbed with a mix of sage and rosemary is the base to our delectable pulled pork recipe. Need we say more? Our pressure cooker pulled pork is perfect for a sandwich, over a plate of savory risotto, or with a side of grilled veggies. This will soon be a […]

Edit: sorry, it’s early and I missed that you already have the pulled pork on hand.
      Last edited by Mosca; December 5, 2023, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Doesn’t your instant pot also have the capability of functioning like a crockpot? I think Oakgrovebacon is pointing you in a good direction. Street tortillas with all the fixings will help folks build a taco the way they want.

Comment

Let me be captain obvious here for a second. There are some easy to assemble ingredients that will let your coworkers build some great pulled pork sandwiches. With some really good buns, a few different BBQ sauces, and coleslaw you’re ready. Use your instant pot to keep the pork warm. All that and a bag of chips. Truthfully a well made pulled pork sandwich is really good.

Comment

• shify
            shify commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed - sometimes the simplest answer is the best. If you are starting off with pulled pork and an Instant Pot, your answer is right there.

Mix your pulled pork with your sauce and use the Instant Pot to keep warm.

Then all you need are some slider buns, maybe 1-2 types of coleslaw (I prefer mustard slaw with pulled pork), candied jalapenos, pickles and maybe some extra sauce on the side and you'll be set up.

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on the mustard sauce.

Pulled pork sliders, nachos, tacos...

Comment

My instant pot has a "slow cooker" mode and a separate lid for that purpose - hopefully yours does too, and if so, just hold the pulled pork in it, and as Oak Smoke points out, give them the fixings for BBQ sandwiches. Buns, sauce, and I like some of that shredded tri-color Cole slaw you find with the bagged salads, tossed with a vinegar based sauce.

Comment

Thanks for all the input but I've decided to make pork belly burnt ends. Easy to make and will keep warm in my InstantPot. I'm heading into the city this weekend to hit up the Lotte supermarket and see if they have frozen Bao I can serve the burnt ends in.

Comment

No one ever had a problem with pork belly. And if they do, they are at the wrong party.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here