Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Duroc Pork chop do you like best & refreezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Duroc Pork chop do you like best & refreezing

Hello cooks! I'm considering placing an order for some Compart Duroc pork chops & they sell 3 different cuts which follow below. Any feedback on which to try will be appreciated.
    Compart states that these are "shipped frozen and will arrive partially thawed to thawed". Wouldn't refreezing effect the quality of the meat?
    Thanks for any feedback!
    here's what they sell online:
    Dry aged pork ribeye chops
    Dry aged pork porterhouse chops
    Pork Loins chops (dry aged isn't in the description)

I prefer the ribeye chops myself but I also like Coppa steaks. I've eaten Berkshire pork chops, not Duroc, but I bet they are similar.

Comment

• smabrito
      smabrito commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

I just “liked” your post for no other reason than the cigar in your avatar.

rob
    Last edited by Rob whatever; March 28, 2023, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• smabrito
      smabrito commented
      Editing a comment
      and a good smoke it was! (ha)

Maybe a link?

Comment

I was the lucky recipient of a box of Duroc pork from Compart courtesy of my Secret Santa Skip , and it is very fine quality meat for sure. My box didn't happen to include pork chops though. My personal pref is for bone-on chops, so were it me I'd go with one of the first two. Presumably they're similar but cut from different sections, driving how much meat from the tenderloin-ish part ends up on the "other side of the bone". The more the better! But you can't go wrong with whatever you get from them, if my experience is any guide. Good luck!

(And that's either the biggest cigar I've ever seen, or you have REALLY small feet! )

Comment

• smabrito
        smabrito commented
        Editing a comment
        size 12 feet but wide angle on the cigar (haha). Thanks for the Duroc recommendation

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here