Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork shoulder blade roast - cooking suggestions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork shoulder blade roast - cooking suggestions"

On a whim, (and on sale) I picked up a pork shoulder blade roast. Looks fairly well marbled and a decent fatcap. Can I smoke this for pulling or do I need to treat it more like a tenderloin and just bring it up to normal temp and slice?

Any and all suggestions welcome!

TIA

I say pull it! Its butt.

Comment

@richlinlbrg, I think you should be OK Smoking for Pulling! Providing I understand what your Meat Market Sold You!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

SnP (smoke and pull). Sorry David Parrish.

Comment

Thank you all, and never mind! Opened it to brine and it was rancid. AARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

That is the third Smithfield pork product I've recently purchased from them that was rancid when I opened it. Going to go back to the store and warn them in the morning. GEESH

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry about that. Bummer.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            That stinks. Get it? lol

Oh, I got it, David Parrish . That was baaaaad. You should be ashamed of yourself!.

And I'm ashamed that I can not come up with a pithy retort!

Separately, I just got snagged by the 140 character limit. Might have to find Jon's keys.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            lol Jon has the keys to the kingdom for sure.

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen to that!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here