Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainy Day Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainy Day Pulled Pork

One hour for pulled/shredded pork? Yes, in the Instant Pot pressure cooker setting.
    Seasoned the Country Style Pork Ribs, 3/4 cup of chicken broth, cook on high for 45 minutes, natural release for 15 minutes, pull and/or shred, and add a little BBQ sauce.

I was amazed at how good this was. I think I will call this "Rainy Day Pulled Pork"

Do you have a rainy day cook?

That's a good one. On the occasion that we do that I'm always reminded, and each time slightly surprised, at how good crock pot (or IP) pulled pork really is. Tip: put your pulled pork in pie pans, shallow layers, and plop into your pellet cooker while it's cold, then turn it on and smoke it up to temp for 30 mins or thereabouts, stirring a time or two halfway through. Be sure to have it in there for that cloud of startup smoke. You can then get a touch of smoke flavor on it w/o an all day smoke, best (sorta) of both worlds.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the tip.
      I will keep that in mind.

You know....I have some country-style pork ribs sitting in the freezer that I have been trying to find something to do with. And its going to be bitterly cold tomorrow.

I think I will be doing this!

In fact, combining both of your ideas!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	101182F5-0E1A-4594-86DB-B06F819A98C7.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	1367032 Come on now.

Comment

My rainy day would be either Bourbon chicken or Drunken chicken.
        Disclaimer: no Bourbons were harmed in my Bourbon chicken.
        Both served on a bed of rice, veggies optional.

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
          mrteddyprincess commented
          Editing a comment
          If you don't talk to your chickens about excessive alcohol consumption, who will? Bourbon is a well-known gateway substance among chicken flocks and drinking and flying is a serious problem. I appreciate your efforts to help with the situation.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          The only problem I personally have with Bourbon is that it may be made anywhere in the United States. I believe only whiskey made in Bourbon County Kentucky should be called Bourbon. But that is me, and of course, I would never turn down a shot of Bourbon no matter its source.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here