Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another slow-cooker pork butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another slow-cooker pork butt

I know it's not bbq and grilling, but sometimes you're going to do stuff indoors.

I rubbed down a trimmed 10lb pork shoulder (bone in) with MMD.

I cut up two onions and minced 4 cloves of garlic, and put those on the bottom of the slow cooker. I put the roast in the slow cooker and added 2 cups of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of liquid smoke, and cooked everything on high for 6 hours. When it was done, I discarded the onions and garlic, shredded the pork, and mixed a little of the liquid back in along with about 2 cups of Meathead's KC BBQ sauce recipe.

This is an outstanding indoor recipe.

Sound good. You brown it any before going in the pot?

Lotta slow cooked stuff indoors back home. Grilling was really a warm weather affair, unless a fundraiser was to be had. In south Louisiana we had 11+ months of warm grilling.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      + one month of warm grilling relative ; )

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't, no. After it was in there I thought about how I should've done so. But here's how good it was: Mary Joan didn't have any the day I made it because she wasn't hungry, but the next day she had some and texted me at work that it was fabulous. She never does that.

Do not fear the liquid smoke, most of it gets poured off with the broth at the end. The pork picks up just enough of the flavor to make you smile.

Mosca, Tim that sounds Fit To Eat! How is the Mrs. Doing? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got back from the oncologist, chemo starts in 2 weeks. It's either going to work or it isn't, pretty much 50/50.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here