Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding St. Louis sous vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hold some SLC ribs for 4 hours at 140-F in a sous vide?

Cooking for work Friday. Thought about gambling a little too much and timing them to get done at 6pm, but that's a little too iffy.

I'm sure the hold will eek out a little more tenderness.

It will also kill any bark. Personally I would finish them on the smoker then chill them. Reheat at 375F for 15 minutes in the oven before serving.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      They not worried about bark, and 7 hours at 235 I don't see it going anywhere. I'll be saucing after the bag. I don't have time to reheat but just for a few minutes under the broiler for the sauce.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, better no real bark and normal doneness than way way overdone like my STL's this last weekend. Don't be me. Just.... don't. <facepalm>

Now I have to try again tomorrow before my family leaves so they don't think that's what real ribs are supposed to taste like! <sigh> The trials I face...

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree on the preference of tenderness, moist over bark; a personal choice.

Is a microwave available? Reheating ribs in the ‘wave is super easy, and they taste like they’re right off the grill.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      We do, but we wanted something fresh instead of people having to stand in line at a microwave.

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    While most of Missouri would let you take it, the rest of America wants to know your ransom terms to release the city.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Unmarked Bills. Technically Williams, but Bill is more common these here days. I'm thinking of letting them cool down after a pretty successful bend test, then holding the 4 hours at 135, sous vide.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here