Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't seen much about Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen much about Ham

Got any recipe's? I usually do Meathead's Ultimate Smoked Ham along with his recommendation of the Chris Lilly glaze but want to branch out a bit. Do you have any other glaze recipes? Ideas for something like a boneless whole ham, I like the looks of these and want to try one?

I plan on throwing one on the smoker with a few turkey for Christmas, just wanted to mix it up a bit.
    Last edited by _John_; December 16, 2015, 08:11 AM.

I am very fond of Texas Pepper Jelly's Pineapple Habanero, but you can make your own glaze with Pineapple jam (or your personal favorite flavor) and hot sauce, thinned with a little simple syrup or corn syrup or light agave nectar or even a light honey. Agave or honey will change the flavor up some. A touch of vinegar will brighten flavors if the hot sauce isn't vinegary enough. For really lumpy jam or preserves, hit the mix with a blender. Heat the jam/hot sauce before adding syrup to see how thick it will be when heated. You don't want a real thin glaze.

Comment

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds pretty good, I need to practice so I can get the heat down, lot of wimps on that side of the family. I'll try your idea of toning down the hot sauce and adding in some vinegar, do you think at that point it will be noticeable between using white vs apple cider vinegar?

This season I am going to try a recipe from SRF:
    Clint Cantwell, editor of Grilling.com, shared this unique recipe that compliments the savory flavor profile of Snake River Farms Kurobuta ham with a sweet glaze of peach and pomegranate. For an added dimension of flavor, Clint recommends cooking the ham in a smoker. The glaze is also delicious slathered on Snake River Farms hams and baked in a conventional oven.

Comment

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great too, maybe i'll have to do 2 and compare.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here