Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Pork Belly Burnt End Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Pork Belly Burnt End Cook

First pork burnt end cook an overall success. 26” kettle, KBB, apple chunks, SnS, water in reservoir. Combined Malcolm Reed and Hey Grill Hey recipes. One with spicy Sweet Baby Ray’s glaze, one with Hey Grill Hey maple bourbon glaze. Pork belly from Costco, MMR. I usually use Weber lighter cubes. Tried Cowboy brand tumbleweed starters today. I think I’m a convert, at least for SnS.

Didn’t want to smoke wife’s baking rack so used a hover grill rack.

Cooker ran 250-270. Weather alternated between cloudy/drizzly and sunny/breezy so not ideal for steady temp but the range was fine.

One small issue: what I thought were 1” thick belly slices were .5” slices stacked on each other. So pieces were small than I wanted. No big deal, made for slightly shorter cook. 5 hours total, about 3 for smoke, 2 more to glaze bring to probe tender.

Great flavor, good tenderness, good smoke. Hit with family. Susie’s maple bourbon glaze is excellent.

Attached Files

Looks great!

Comment

Nice work. One of my faves.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

Looks awesome! Need to do these again soon.

Comment

Nicely done! I wish I could smell that...

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
              Reds Fan 5 commented
              Editing a comment
              We had our windows open most of the day. The whole house smelled like a bbq joint. Wife and son kept asking if they were ready because the aroma was making them hungry. The smell was great.

Pork belly burnt ends: You done Good! PBR Good.

Comment

I’ll take a hand full !!!

Comment

Can’t go wrong with PBBEs. Don’t check your cholesterol for a week!

Comment

Out standing, this is something I don't do enough.

Comment

Made some on the Grilla this weekend, and always wish I made more.

Comment

Care to share Susie's glaze recipe? Thanks for posting. the burnt ends look very good.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
                        Reds Fan 5 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        TripleB, sure. Here is the link: https://heygrillhey.com/maple-bourbon-glaze/

And, thanks, on the burnt ends. Didn't know what to expect and they were great. My wife and son declared them the "the best bbq I've ever made" (and I've made some pretty good ribs and pulled pork). Costco pork belly, Costco maple syrup, Bulleit bourbon.

• TripleB
                        TripleB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Reds Fan 5 - Thanks for the link.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here