Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork butt in the PBC right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork butt in the PBC right now

I've got a 9 pound bone in pork butt going in the PBC. 5 hours in, and the PBC is chugging along as usual. About 145 internal right now, so it's got a ways to go. Doing this up early for Monday so I can sleep in.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, we'd love to see some photos

Comment

• DennyWoo
      DennyWoo commented
      Editing a comment
      I will post the finished product if I don't get too excited when it's done. 😂

Love pork butt on my PBC.

Comment

I just love pulled pork

Comment

Just shy of 8 hours. Reading 165 internal. Has good color, so into a pan and cover tight with foil till probe tender. Don't normally wrap butts or foil pan them, BUT I'm pulling this tonight and not serving till Monday so I want to keep some natural juices for the reheating just in case.
        Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to see a picture, so it is happing.

I'll add a little apple juice before wrapping.

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

194 internal after 2 hours in the foil pan. About 10 hours total. Probing like butter. Gonna let it rest for about an hour, maybe two, and then get the claws out.

Comment

So, this butt turned out stupid good. I almost never wrap butts, and I don't think I have ever foil panned a butt. That said, I may be a convert of the foil pan finish. The bark held up amazingly well, and it was the moist best butt I think I have ever made. And the pan juices are like liquid gold.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Jessterr
              Jessterr commented
              Editing a comment
              Outstanding! A couple weeks ago I did a first foil pan finish myself (but on the WSCG instead of the PBC) and it came out great as well. Much easier technique than wrapping, the bark was better, and it’s a very easy and mess-free way of collecting the juices to pour over the pulled meat, as you’ve said. I’m sold on it, don’t think I’ll be wrapping any more butts going forward.

You did an amazing job. That PB is perfect.

Kathryn

Comment

Thats lookin' real good!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🐿🔥🐿

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here