Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a taste for this tonight. any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a taste for this tonight. any suggestions?

Thinking of taking a pork tenderloin, cut into Filet size pieces (about the same as a piece of baccon), and then wrapping with bacon and grilling.. salt, cracked black, maybe a little garlic... Anyone ever do before and have any other ideas...

Cookem Danno! Some great ideas. Let’s see whut happens. 👍

Comment

Can’t go wrong wrapping in bacon Try Tony’s instead of the SPG maybe.

Comment

So you're talking about making pork loin medallions? Treating 'em just like a filet mignon? Sure, why not? It's the same piece of meat as a filet comes from on a cow - just gotta worry about it getting dry with pork tenderloin/filet, so something like a hot fast sear to 143-145ºF or so is perfect.

<edit> I'll second the Tony's or Old Bay and Tony's together go well on a pork loin. Pork loin isn't the most flavorful cut on its own, so basting, marinating or seasoning well is the way to go.
        Last edited by DogFaced PonySoldier; May 4, 2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I used the new "W: sauce, used a liitle BBQ rub. then wrap bacon. put a little black and red pepper, garlic and then a litte rub on top.. I'll take some pics and put it up after I cook. THANKS!!!

Comment

We used to sell a lot of bacon wrapped pork loins out of a meat case during grilling season, sold a lot of them. One thing I always like with pork is to season it with caraway, it's a Czech thing.

Comment

Pictures please, Review too
              Happy Grilling to you and BBQ too

Comment

It should work, and it should taste pretty excellent.

Comment

Add Chipotle and mustard powder..par cook the bacon. Serve medrare *gasp* unless its wild game. Top with a onion habanero jam. We eat it a few times a year.

Comment

It's pork wrapped in pork. Win Win.

Comment

Well, nothing left so I guess thats as good as a result as one can ask

Cooked on the Weber Gas. One burner hot, one medium, one low. Put em ove the low side about 8-9 mins. rolled em over the hot for a couple to finish and finish off the bacon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I really like that. When you described cutting them "like bacon" and then wrapping them with bacon I had visions of little bitty cuts. It didn’t sound appealing. What you did looks delicious.

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Back, back, back, back, gone……!!!!

• Sweaty Paul
                        Sweaty Paul commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well done!

Thanks for the complements. Next time, I'll take off about 5 min earlier. Just let them go a hair too long..

Comment

• Starsky
                        Starsky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I noticed that nobody mentioned brining the pork first. I've found that the lean cuts come out juicier this way

If you just have to have them seared like that cook the whole thing first and then cut into pieces and sear. Much greater chance that won’t be dry.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here