Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Sauce Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sauce Needed

First, Thanks to all and Amazing Ribs

I cooked no-wrap ribs, now dubbed no sauce needed.
    Simple amazing.
    So easy.
    1-Prep ribs--trim and season
    2-Cook at 240*F to internal of 195*F ~6 hrs.
    3-Enjoy

Surprise they are tender, juicy, full of flavor, smoke ring, thin "bark"

Click image for larger version

Name:	No Sauce Cut Ribs.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1161323

No wrap, no sauce has been my rib method since I first visited Memphis in 2014. Haven’t looked back yet.

Comment

I’ve never been a big fan of dry ribs. For me pork screams for a nice thin layer of sticky sweet glaze.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        They had enough moisture, but not as much as 3-2-1 ribs.
        No-wrap is different, I enjoy both ways.
        Dadof3Illinois that is the beauty of BBQ, No right or wrong, just personal preference and that changes with time.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; January 17, 2022, 10:52 PM.

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv Don't get me wrong....I like ribs about any way you can fix them...HA!! I like them with a little tug so not a huge fan of wrapping unless I need them finished faster or they aren't getting as tender as I like.
        But I'm a big fan of adding a nice thin layer of sweet sauce and letting it set and get sticky....YUM...LOL.
        Your correct...no right or wrong way....plus my preference changes about as often as the seasons here in the midwest!!

This is my favorite way. Will sauce a wrap a second rack for, ahem, other family members.

Comment

This is what we do most of the time - I wrap if I am in a hurry, but I really don't like the way they come out most of the time. No Wrap Ribs is my go to.

Comment

I'm in the no sauce/no wrap camp as well.

Comment

I'm no wrap, light coat of sweet sauce after taking them off the grill.

Comment

I can”t remember the lat time I wrapped ribs. Some times I sauce. Some times I don’t. Both are good in their own way.

Comment

For me at least a lot of this comes down to the quality of the ribs. If they are meaty, I don't wrap. If they're less so I could see wrapping.

Comment

Looking forward to trying these as my likely first cook with the new LSG pellet pooper.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here