Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think the Terrorists Won on this One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norms! $4.99 rib special, but the soup was not in the picture.

Comment

Does Bubba Gump do ribs? Boil 'em along side the shrimp?

Comment

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, just saw the real answer. Tony Roman's - seriously!?! Many years ago I recall being pretty darn impressed with their ribs. That's horrifying.

Looks like a photo of some uninspiring meal served in the 70's.

Comment

I could not even recognize them as ribs. And are those fries still frozen?

Comment

That looks like a colonoscopy gone bad…..

Comment

Those ribs need to be along side a certain steak we know of in the wall of shame. Notice I did not dignify then by callin em Wibs.

Comment

I remember about 25 years ago, before I knew any better, thinking Tony Roma's was pretty good. There, I said it. But "A Place for Ribs" is both true and something I have always found funny. At least they don't claim to be a good place for ribs.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Or a place fer good ribs, neither!

I don’t even know if returning it would let them fix that atrocity. That looks too far gone. I would either see if they can replace it with a different meal or order a small plate so I do not starve and plan to never return.

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree. I had the absolute worst ribs I have ever encountered a couple of years ago. They didn't appear to be a mistake, just horrible technique, recipe, etc. I didn't complain or send them back, because I had no confidence the next ones would be any better.

Tony Roma's is still open? One notch below the average rib served in the Orlando area (which are generally pathetic).

Comment

BLAH!

Comment

You've seen those reveals of famous restaurants' secret recipes? Well, I'm betting this is Mr. Roma's:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boiling Ribs.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1107951

Comment

• Donw
                    Donw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking good! Then how long in the microwave to set the bark? 🙂

Looking at the pics from Roma's menu and the upside down face wipes I think it is from TR. Sad, sad, sad,

Comment

• Jim White
                    Jim White commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha. Right after I put the post up, I realized the wipes were there and someone might identify the branding but was too I lazy to go back and crop the picture.

• Bkhuna
                    Bkhuna commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jim White - I think you did a great public service not cropping out the name of the swill house. We should never be afraid to tell others of place that need to be avoided.

Are they supposed to look like this?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Panhead John; October 10, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Jim White
                    Jim White commented
                    Editing a comment
                    New phone. Who dis?

• smokenoob
                    smokenoob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    only if ya want to eat em! 👍

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mushroom man.

So I am thinking it is the bone-in entree version of the boneless lunch sandwich version. Sometimes fine establishments will take a dinner item and riff it to be a lunch item.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FBE745B4-440B-4414-B50C-9C800256D727.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1108140

Comment

I honestly didn’t know they were ribs!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here