Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Stuffed Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Stuffed Pork Loin

Butterflied the two loin pieces with the pin wheel technique, roasted off some apples, made my Grandma's classic stuffing recipe, then filled the loins with the latter two items.

I have posted the stuffing recipe below, it's what I grew up on and it is my all time favourite. I like my stuffing simple, don't over complicate it with sausage, nuts or bacon, just cook white bread in butter, cream and herbs and leave it alone. Try this and you will never go back, it is perfect with herb roasted poultry.

Rolled 'em up, skewered them, reverse seared on the kettle over cherry and finished one with SC Mustard sauce and one with KC Classic.

The pork was nice and moist as I kept it at 140, but the herb flavour of the stuffing and the sweet Q sauce kind of clashed in my opinion. It was great (how could it not be with that much butter?!?!) but I would go no sweet sauce or sugar based rub on the outside next time.

Despite my rant about stuffing above, I will admit that Ernest suggested a corn bread based stuffing and that might have worked better for this particular dish due to the sweetness of the BBQ sauce and my rub.

Grandma's Classic Turkey Stuffing
    - 1.5 lbs bread torn into bite size chunks
    - 4 onions diced fine
    - 1 cup diced celery
    - 3 tsp sage
    - 1.5 tsp pepper
    - 2 tsp salt
    - 1 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
    - 1 tsp ground celery seed
    - 1 3/4 - 2 cups butter
    - 1/2 cup cream

Melt butter and cook onions and celery over medium low heat until onions translucent, add spices and cook for 1 min or until you can smell the spices. Add cream and bread pieces, mix thoroughly so that all bread gets coated in love.

Put out of site and reach until you are ready to use it, one taste leads to ten and before you know it you have consumed half a bowl of plain stuffing, it's that good.

I believe I am going to steal your Grandma's Classic Turkey Stuffing Recipe! It looks that good! Happy Labor Day, Dan

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Please do, hope it works out for you!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here