Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork butts for the O.R. Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork butts for the O.R. Crew

Did some BBQ for the OR Nurses, Pre-Op Nurses, Post-Op Nurses and the rest of the OR team. Completed pics not available as my Sous Chef (my lovey Bride) deleted the pics taken on her phone. Did 8 pork butts and could maybe have squeezed a ninth on the Yoder YS-640 (would have been tight).

Used two rubs 1) Eat BBQ rub and 2) MMD. Dry brined for 14 hours then rub on for 6 hours (applied early as I had to get them on the smoker in the early am to have ready early enough for 2-3 hr rest). Was told by all that it was the best pulled pork they ever had including a restaurant owner in town (although Hays isn’t exactly a BBQ Mecca) it was nice to hear.

Thanks to Meathead, the Amazing Ribs team and y’all here in The Pit for helping me learn enough through the years to pull this off. You all helped make a bunch of hard-working folks and their significant others happy and full.
    Attached Files

Dang I wish you worked up here.

Comment

Very nice. How long was the actual cook? Good job!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        All told about 9 hours with a three hour rest.

That's great and a very nice thing to do. I'd like to see how many of those I can fit on my 22" WSM.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Eggy72 I have had 6 pork butts on my WSM 22

You Done Good!
      Ditto in giving credit where credit is due.
      What you said is so true.

Comment

Nice Job

Comment

Very nice thing to do for your team and co-workers.

Comment

Comment

Looks really cool!

Comment

Very nice as usual, Paul

Comment

Awesome thing for you to do. I am sure it was very appreciated.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                    Sweaty Paul commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! I now have other units in the hospital requesting a similar treat. I guess good news travels fast!

Yup, the Amazingness continues! Good work man!

Comment

Those look terrific. Great job on the good deed. I'm sure that team was loving it. I really hope to have a Yoder someday. I've been admiring those for awhile.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here