Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ham and bacon day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ham and bacon day

We cut up 7 durocs from comparts on Wednesday. Fridays are usually ham and bacon slicing days for us. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210326_135515983.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1008870Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210326_135521735.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1008871

Wow. That is awesome!

Comment

Impressive. I can’t wait until I can make a trip up there.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya better wait a couple monthes!! You may find it a touch cold right now. I was thinking about when you said you wore a coat below 50 degrees the other day while my kids ran around the yard with no shoes on and only wearing a t-shirt at 43 degrees. If it was 50 they probably would have been in shorts!!

A little smoke and there you go.
    That thin boning knife looks like it has had many a use.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. That thing has been around for a while.. still holds a good edge so it seems to always find its way to the cutting table!!

Envious!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      It is close to 500 lbs of hams and bacons most weeks. This one was 466 lbs. September and October I have 80 hogs on the schedule..

Great photos! Do you prefer butchering Durocs?
    Last edited by Skip; March 27, 2021, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Skip . I have butchered all three breeds comparts have and all are fabulous! I won't sell a pig if it isn't a comparts pig. They have done the science behind the ph and other experience to say that the durocs is superior. Now from a knuckle dragger butcher point of view I just know that they are some good tasting pig!! Never any complaints and I can pick them up 20 minutes away and I can get any amount I want when I want. So yes if I have a choice I will get comparts duroc!!

Watching your business from the start and seeing it progress into a thriving service business has been absolutely impressive !
    Keep the momentum going !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here