Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Char Siu Ribs Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Char Siu Ribs Again

Last night's dinner was Char Siu Ribs again. Served with carrots cooked sous vide with butter and honey. Dessert (not pictured) was compressed honeydew made with my new chamber vacuum sealer. I also used the marinate cycle on it to process the ribs and then vacuum sealed overnight. Click image for larger version

Name:	csribs.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	100335
    Click image for larger version

Name:	csribs-plated.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	100336
    Last edited by mgaretz; August 2, 2015, 01:51 PM.

Nice. Waiting for you to do some Char Siu Tri Tip.

Comment

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny. Not happening!

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I have at least one more Tri-tip steak, I think. My parents dropped off an 8 person table this weekend, and a few packs of t-bones, round steaks, and a sirloin tip roast from a calf they killed earlier this year.

Your Char Siu Ribs look fantastic! Care to share your recipe/method?

Comment

• mackdaddy
      mackdaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I would also like to know recipe and method. Looking good.

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      Everybody loves Chinese restaurant "BBQ" ribs. They have a distinct pork flavor, a glossy sheen that implies the sweet glaze beneath, and a glowing red-pink color that penetrates the surface. Here's a simple recipe for making Chinatown char siu ribs at home on your grill or in the oven featuring a flavorful marinade.

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      DeusDingo is right, I followed MH's recipe almost exactly, except I use cream sherry instead of bourbon. They were marinated overnight after being vacuum sealed and cooked for 3 hours at 225F on my Rec Tec.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here