Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What this crust has taught me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Chrz The Pizza Bible arrived the other day and my malt powder arrived today. I ended up getting the Anthony’s brand. Will be diving into the book this week! Thank you for the inspiration!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz Like I may have mentioned before, I have cooked my way through American Pie (Peter Reinhart) at least 3 times. However, I will go into this book "a virgin".

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, did not mean for it to come out as anything other then enjoy. Like I said,I almost gave up, despite having two perfect bakes to start. Just d8d not seem worth the work though, now, I feel differently, not as much work, when I figured out his why’s, i found a few ways to make his why’s happen. I have been looking at some Peter R’s books. I have his bread apprentice. But, I’m always in the mood to try new pizzas! Do you recommend his as well?

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz I do recommend Reinhart. I have had some good cooks and some bad from there, but it’s just mastering the technique. Actually, since the malt powder came in, I am also going to dive into his bagel recipe from Apprentice.

Great stuff here. I have been wanting to learn more about pizza and I think buying this book is going to be the start. Thanks

Comment

• Rob Johnston
      Rob Johnston commented
      Editing a comment
      As a follow up, I just received my book and actively reading. Very well written with great directions. Next I need to order a baking steel. That seems to be the trick.

WOW! Feel free to ramble to your hearts content. That is some seriously good looking pizza!

Comment

Great work there Sir. Pizza can be a tough one for sure and you nailed it.

Comment

Wow, that pizza looks great, fantastic write up as well. I have been doing an overnight dough but now i want to try a 3 day to see the difference.

Comment

Richard Chrz Very interesting, and some beautiful pies there!

My problem ever following this recipe, is that unless we have a planned get-together where the food is pizza, I'll never be able to make this for just the wife and myself. It is very hard to pin her down on anything that far in advance. She hates it when I ask in the morning or even early afternoon what she wants for dinner! . I'll probably stay with my 2 hour rise crust recipe for now, but will take some of your baking techniques to heart.

You have certainly inspired me to make pizza this weekend!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            I think of it, That I have 90 hours likely to decide when I want to eat it, if I can control myself that is. Lol

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here