Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makin' pizza video from the guys at Baking Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makin' pizza video from the guys at Baking Steel

This video doesn't have the highest production values, but it's got a lot of good info for beginners as well as a few nuggets for more experienced bakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?omnise...&v=XGnBfX6vXb0

Thanks, another good video. I've always used polenta or parchment paper to prevent sticking, but his semolina/flour blend is worth considering.

Comment

I like their 72-hour pizza dough and technique for folding the dough to make a dough ball. I've been using a combination of rice flour and corn meal to keep my pizza from sticking on the wooden peal that I use to launch my pizza into the oven. The rice flour seems to be like miniature ball bearing much smaller than the corn meal. While building the pizza on the peal I shake it btwn each ingredient I add. I don't let the dough sit on the wooden peak for very long without giving it a shake. This helps prevent the dough from sticking on the peal.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis