Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Reuben pizza with sourdough rye crust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Reuben pizza with sourdough rye crust

I made pastrami from a couple brisket flats on the PBC. I had homemade sauerkraut in the freezer from last summer. I made a sourdough rye bread and kept some dough back for pizza (Robertson country rye bumped up to 30% rye). I laid down a layer of Russian dressing under the pastrami and sauerkraut then topped with Swiss cheese.
    Cooked on the BGE. Squirted with 1000 Island dressing. Not bad! No survivors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200312_201602.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	814327

Here is the loaf of sourdough rye, the small loaf is because of taking some for pizza. The big loaf will be for Reuben sandwiches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200312_073456 (1).jpg
Views:	193
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	814328

Hmmm. I love me a rueben, but the last time I had sauerkraut on pizza was back in the 1980's, when I got a hold of a slice of what turned out to be the pizza buffet's "bavarian pizza" - polish sausage and sauerkraut, all buried under mozzarella cheese. Not what I was expecting when I bit into it...

Hopefully your pizza was much better!
    Last edited by jfmorris; March 12, 2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Sounds good to me. We sometimes clean the frig when we have pizza and end up being creative. It's usually pretty good.

Comment

We have a local pizza joint that does this pizza for the month of March. They use Deli corned beef. I’m sure what you made was better than theirs.

Comment

Wow. Creative work there. I’d eat that!!

Comment

I LOVE a good Reuben.

No seriously, I will go out of my way to get a proper Reuben.

There’s so much wrong with the idea of a Reuben pizza that I don’t even know what say...other than, "Yes please!" LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here