Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 hour ferment on some 00 ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 hour ferment on some 00 ready

Woke up to a pretty active ferment. made it into three 570 grams dough balls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00 pizza dough.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	769236
    Click image for larger version

Name:	00 pizza dough 1.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	769235

Richard Chrz Nice tub of dough! What recipe are you using? I've been guided by Ken Forkish's books, Flour Salt Water Yeast and Elements of Pizza. I've been playing with different hydrations. Using 00, which I have been recently doing, changes the hydration needs.

BTW, I remember drinking Chief Leinenkügel short pours for 50 cents in a small bar near Chippewa Falls as a 16 year old canoe tripping on the Wisconsin River, 1967. Seeing the words 'La Crosse Wisconsin' evokes in me strong nostalgia!

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      We used to stop at a little tavern just west of Chippewa Falls for that same purpose. I believe it was called the White Owl, or something with Owl in it.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Murdy I thought you looked familiar! 🤔

Dr. Pepper this is a forkish recipe, either from his FWSY or his Elements. Do not remember for sure, but, I know it is his straight dough over night. 1000 gram of flour, 700 grams water, 20 gram salt and 1/4 tsp of yeast. My starters were not ready otherwise I would have used leaven in it. But, I am a big fan of 00 dough now that I have used it a few times. I split this into (3) 570 gram dough balls. Most people have fond yet foggy nostalgic memories of the La Crosse area.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, like the big Old Style can on the hill.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      THe worlds largest 6 pack. La Crosse now is going to be brewing and canning PBR. I believe it also brews and cans the Whiteclaw, Surprisingly, it is one of the more modern (inside I am told) it can brew and can something like 30 plus different things at one time. Arizona tea, smirnoff ice, I think even Guiness at one point. But, I stick to our local Micro breweries. I am pretty good friends though with the head brew master for that big brewery (he just retired in October).

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here