Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire brick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire brick question

I’m going to try some pizzas on the ol’ 26 inch kettle this spring/summer and was wondering what type of fire bricks folks are using to elevate their pizza stones. Also, where do I get these bricks? None of the hardware stores carry them out here. Thanks!

You might just try banking the coals way to the back and a little to the sides and putting the stone directly on the grate. If you do find you need to elevate any red brick should work as it's been kiln fired.

Comment

I bought mine at Home Depot. Don't know the brand. Bin just said firebricks. In masonry section.

Comment

I have a stainless steel roasting rack that is adjustable. I just put it on the high elevation, and put the stone on top.

Comment

I am currently using halves. There are 2 sizes of firebrick. Full and half. Call your local concrete supplier, they will have them.

Fulls are usually about $3.75 each, halves are $2.75

Comment

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I’m going to try a local masonry supplier.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
              ColonialDawg commented
              Editing a comment
              Called a local supplier and they have them for $1.65 a brick. Nice.

Schell’s Firebrick, a refreshing Vienna-style amber lager, is named after the bricks that line the old boilers. It's hint of hops combined with a subtly maltiness creates a mild, pleasantly drinkable beer.

I believe this Shell's Firebrick goes very well with pizza. Sorry, I couldn't help but post this. Shells is an OLD Family owned Brewery only 80 miles from me.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
              ColonialDawg commented
              Editing a comment
              Well played, sir.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here