Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeCarlo’s Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeCarlo’s Pizza

The most craved pizza in the Upper Ohio Valley (Northern Panhandle of West Virginia) is DeCarlo’s Pizza. Myself and others who have moved away from the area immediately upon our return to the area getting DeCarlo’s is a must. The attached link tells the DeCarlo’s story and a replicated sauce and dough recipe of the craved pizza. This is my first attempt trying to make the posted recipe. (See photo’s) Great story and pizza give it a try.

This is my recipe interpretation of my own copycat Di Carlo's style pizza. Di Carlo's style pizza is an institution in the tri state area of Ohio, West
    Attached Files

It looks very good!

Comment

Tasty lookin'.

Comment

Great memories. When I was a boy we lived for a time in Fresnakistan (AKA Fresno, CA) and the only thing I miss about is a local pizza chain called Me-n-Ed's Pizza. To this day I haven't tasted a better dough.

Comment

Very nice. In my neck of the NJ woods its a place called De Lorenzos Tomato Pies. So good thin crust.

Comment

Looks tasty !!!

Comment

Second attempt to copy the posted DeCarlo’s Pizza recipe. The dough was much better this time because I cold proofed the dough for 24 hours on this try. Next time I may try 48 hours. Made the crust a little more crisp by going from bake to broiler for the last three minutes of the cook. Next time going to try cooking it on my Kamado Grill vs. the oven for a higher temperature. Attached link had made the pizza in the oven. Pizza on....
              Attached Files

Comment

• Sam6687
                Sam6687 commented
                Editing a comment
                DeCarlos is five minutes from my house, this looks like a good attempt to copy their stye.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here