Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am Really Getting the Pizza Thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Really Getting the Pizza Thing!

I decided I wanted pizza for my 58th birthday on Monday. So Sunday night I made up some NY style pizza dough to ferment overnight. Monday I made the sauce, and we had a really special pizza party! I used JKLA’s recipe for NY style pizza, which is my go-to for homemade pizza. I fired up the Akorn, and cooked the pizza at 450ish. We had ham and pineapple, plain cheese, spinach and mushroom, and lump crab meat with Old Bay. It may be because it was my birthday, but damn the pizza was awesome!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thunder77; September 13, 2018, 05:34 PM.

Number One: Happy Birthday.
    Number Two: Pizza looks great.A great birthday present to yourself!

Comment

Wow! Happy Birthday!

Comment

Happy birthday! Those are fantastic photos of your work. I really need to get into this. I was doing the "you-bake" thing for awhile on the Vision grill. I was getting some really mixed results. This post of yours as well as the other pizza and dough cookers here make me want to figure a time to give it another go. I also want to see CaptainMike do pizza on his new Summit.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          When I get it dialed in. Soon...very soon...

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I really like the Serious Eats NY Pizza recipe. I highly recommend it.

Great lookin' pies, and Happy Birthday.

Comment

Looks fantastic, and happy birthday!

Comment

I am jus Delighted to see ya makin such Great Strides, an Great Pies, Brother!!!!

As I said, previous: Happy belated Birthday!!!

Headin fer 57, come FEB...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 13, 2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Why Bones, you don’t look a day over 29. 😎

Looks good! I made pizza last night on the Blackstone.

Comment

Wow do those look good, I'm drooling!

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday!!!! Great looking pizza!!!!
                ​​​

Comment

That is awesome. Great looking pizzas. I gotta make another attempt at this. My first couple were tragic. You have inspired me to try again. Thanks.
                  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY brother.

Comment

Happy Birthday Ta You. I’m trying pizza tomorrow on my Akorn smoke chicken mushroom and red peppers which me luck

Comment

• Thunder77
                      Thunder77 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good luck!

Happy birthday Thunder!!! 58? Why you’re still a youngin’ !!!! By the way do you offer delivery or just carry out ??

Comment

I would offer delivery, but they never have time to make it out of the door! 😜

Comment

Happy Birthday! I get reminded numerous times every day that I'm coming up on 65. Dozens of people want to help me pick my Medicare supplement insurance.
                        Great looking pizza. I was doing pizza every Saturday night in the Grilla for about a month, but the last month or so has been full of interruptions. Got to get back to that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here