Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Papa Murphy's on a Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Murphy's on a Kamado

Anyone done it? Tips? Tricks? Just got home with a couple pizzas and was thinking of giving it a shot. I've got a pizza stone too.

Don't know what it is

Comment

I'm guessing that Poppa Murphy's is a brand of frozen pizza. If that's the case, you can do them on the kamado. Preheat the stone and cook at the recommended temp.

Comment

No - Papa Murphy’s is not frozen, it’s fresh made pizza but you take it home and bake it. Crust is usually thin - I think you bake it on a disposable sheet that it comes on. As long as heat is similar to the oven and indirect, it should be good on the grill I think.

Comment

Papa Murphy’s has 3 crusts, thin, regular & a Chicago style. About 5 years ago they went big in promoting cookin their pizzas on the grill. Don’t hear of it anymore. I’m going to guess cuz most burger & hot dog people don’t know what they’re doing. They recommend cookin at 425 12 to 18 min. They make some pretty good pizza. It would be interesting since us’ns know how to control the heat what the outcome would be. Go for it & let us know.
          As jfmorris said, it is fresh made to order. Take home & bake.

Comment

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I've got two standard crust pizzas, seeing as I got these out of convenience, I don't even feel like transferring off of the wax cardboard it came on...I'll throw 'er on at the recommended temp and monitor for cheese and crust doneness... Like I said...we shall see!

Yeah it's a "take 'n' bake" pizza, maybe it's more of a west coast thing I'm not sure. I'll give it a whirl we'll see what happens I suppose.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s around town here in Alabama, so definitely not west coast...

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            jfmorris nice, I just wasn't sure based on the first two responses.

• IowaGirl
            IowaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            We have 'em in Iowa too. Tip -- If you ask, they will double-wrap the pizza for you, so you can freeze it.

It’s been here in Wisconsin for about 15 - 16 years. It got its start in Washington, state of. Pretty good business plan & good products. Some really interesting recipes/combos.

Comment

I'd try cooking it on a preheated pizza stone on the Kamodo. I bet it would come out pretty decent. Certainly not any worse than in the oven.

Comment

I've done a Pappa Murphy's on the grill before, I just left it on the plate it comes on and threw that on the stone, it came out good . Especially if you have the this crust

Comment

Grill almost pre heated...just about to throw one on! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6851.JPG
Views:	783
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	501839

Comment

Wow! Never heard of this! Guess I need to get out of Bacliff. Sounds fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.39.19 PM.png
Views:	746
Size:	477.1 KB
ID:	501845

Comment

I cook papa murphy's on my Big Green Egg all the time at 425°. I make sure the pizza stone is preheated and after 10 minutes remove the pizza from their tray and place on pizza stone and cook about another 6 minutes.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
                      HorseDoctor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly what I do h12mike! Works well. I like their "Gourmet Vegetarian Delite", of course dressed up with some pork (bacon, pepperoni, prosciutto, coppa...) and an extra layer of mozzarella. It's a thin crust, white sauce pizza that is a nice break from tomato sauced versions.

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So’s HorseDoctor, you make it a “Meat Lovers Vegetarian Delight? Never thought of that one.

• HorseDoctor
                      HorseDoctor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nothing wring with "vegetarian" that a little well processed pork can'y fix...

Papa Murphy's Rocks! Great value, fresh, quality ingredients!
                    We've got 2 here in town, they mail out coupons alla th time.
                    I'll haveta try em outdoors.
                    (Perfect excuse to git a pizza stone, eh?)

Comment

• RonB
                      RonB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Here is a link to the "original" Baking Steel:

Bake the perfect homemade pizza with a Baking Steel product: a pizza stone made of ultra-conductive steel, our Baking Steel Griddles and pizza making accessories for home.

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh, I'd haveta reckon I could come up with some cold, or hot-rolled plate, purty easy, like, but, lemme ask ya this: how does SS perform, in this role? I might could know where to glom onto some o dat, as well... RonB

P.S.: "Scrounger"? Me?

• RonB
                      RonB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I haven't used SS for this, but my SS pans seem to do OK. If you have easy access to SS, I'd say take a whack at it.

When I bought it once, it was stuck to the dang cardboard it comes on. I was pissed and never bought again.

Comment

They turned out awesome! I cooked them at about 550* until the cheese started to brown. I'd definitely do it again. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures though we were too hungry!!

Comment

• OSB
                        OSB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good to hear Jake. I've been putting this one off and not sure why. Did you use a pizza stone?

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here