Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXR wood fired pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NXR wood fired pizza oven

Does anyone have this pizza oven? Price seems too good to be true. 329.00 today only.

Did you watch the video Sam's Club includes, oven looks short and not too much room to cook in with the amount of wood they loaded in. I read soemthing about and ashtray which maybe that takes cooking surface area away. My oven there is no ash tray have to pull out with a fireplace shovel or something along those lines but for $329 it doesn't seem to be a bad deal. The fun part with these ovens is you start to branch out from just pizza, for example Super Bowl Sunday we made some Kobe steaks in the cast iron pan with that touch of wood smoke they were awesome. Does your local sams club have one on display to see and touch?

Comment

• nickgutnick
      nickgutnick commented
      Editing a comment
      I watched the video and anything else I could find online. I want one and got the okay from the better half.

They said enough cooking surface for a 12" pizza - that's not bad!

Comment

I hope they have a floor model for you to look at. I am always wary of things like this at warehouse stores. Quality can be an issue. Make sure you know what you are getting. I am not saying it is not a good deal or of good quality, but wary.

Comment

• nickgutnick
        nickgutnick commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah no floor model, online only. It says the original price was in the 1800 range?

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Watch that claim though - they said same or similar products. A bit deceptive.

See if there is an online Forum, or Facebook Following. FaceBook will reveal The Good The Bad And The Ugly.

Comment

Never heard of it, but it looks nicer than my Blackstone which is about the same price.

Comment

I'll weigh in with this thought: A few months ago I was frantically chasing "true" (high temp) Neapolitan pizza. I did finally achieve temps around 900°F with the BGE, but it was a PITA. Then, I picked up a copy of Ken Forkish's "The Elements of Pizza". I'm now super-happy with pies that come out of the oven or BGE at 550°F. Perhaps my taste buds just aren't that sophisticated, but I no longer feel the urge to spend more money and/or time to get a real pizza oven and achieve high temps. Saves me chopping a lot of wood, too. Try Forkish!

Comment

It is very hard to cook with an oven at 900 degrees the pizzas burn in an instant and working with a pizza stone at 500-600 degrees is much more manageable and in my opinion you get a nice crust on the bottom and the top is melted correctly and not charred. Recently I had the oven going for a few hours before I started to get everything nice and hot and that first pizza hit the stone, the cornmeal instantly turned black and the dough burned so quick literally from the time I transferred from the wood peel to getting the metal one. Just something to consider, how is Sams Club return policy and what kind of budget did the "boss" approve?

Comment

I don't know I think a 90 second pizza is easy, quick and delicious. Worth it IMO.

Comment

• gmascolo51
                gmascolo51 commented
                Editing a comment
                I hear ya 100%, unless the stone was over 900, I was going by the thermometer the second that pizza it the stone it went poof on me lol.

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah you have a point. I do get my stone up to 900 but I back down the heat (propane) just before launching. I'm guessing the pizza cooks at around 700. But that is hotter than my kitchen oven gets and hotter than my Weber can get a stone.

I've learned to research pretty heavily when purchasing something like this rather than to just jump on a limited time price. You can buy things site unseen and be happy or even pleasently surprised if you do enough of the right research. Even Amazon feedback can be bogus. Forums like this where people have actually owned and tried the product are the best resource.

I researched flat tops for nearly 6 months before purchasing what I'm using now and never seen or touched one in a store. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Comment

• Donw
                Donw commented
                Editing a comment
                You are totally right about Amazon reviews. While maybe not a perfect site, I run anything I want to buy on Amazon thru https://www.fakespot.com. I think it helps.

• Frozen Smoke
                Frozen Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been using Fake Spot for awhile. Not sure how it determines whats fake or not but it's fun to run it through.

NXR/Duro Corp was a subsidiary of Nexgrill until 2011. I haven't seen this product, but buyer beware.

Comment

I read the reviews on Sam’s club and some folks wasn’t to happy.

Comment

Good Advice everyone, decided to take a pass. Saving my money for a pizza party oven.

Comment

I would highly recommend a roccbox with a gas burner. It is what I use in my catering business and it comes with a gas burner and wood burner. You cannot tastes a difference between the gas fired and wood fired pizza and gas is so much easier to use.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here