Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for Pizza this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for ideas for Pizza this weekend.

I want to try something other than the age ol' BBQ chicken Pizza. Any ideas are great as long as there is smoke involved.

Pulled pork and chopped brisket are good on anything.

Comment

Have you cooked the pizza on smoke?

How about cold smoking some cheddar to add to the topping?

Comment

smoked bacon on anything, pizza included, is pretty amazing. bacon, caramelized onions, mushroom is a savory bomb of a pizza

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Well said sir. Tomatoes too! And thick Motz or Gouda.

I am kind of a New Haven/ Fairfield County purist when it comes to pizza, no mandarin oranges, or peanuts but one time I did a shrimp scampi pizza with garlic and olive oil which came out amazing! I tried so hard to find images of it, but came up with these instead- Hopefully, they will inspire you-

This one is using King Arthur Flour's recipe for focaccia bread and doing it in the cast iron skillet. It took close to an hour- 45 minutes more than my liver had budgeted for-

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0307 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	866.8 KB ID:	346749

So this was a dessert pizza with grilled peaches on a Montana wild huckleberry mascarpone mix for the sauce. It was done on a large chocolate chip cookie.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4694.jpg Views:	1 Size:	267.5 KB ID:	346750
        Attached Files

Comment

• GregS
          GregS commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, those desert pizzas look amazing.

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          EdF I am not living in CT anymore, as I have been in Montana for about 20 years, but yearn for that style of pizza frequently. My family is still in Fairfield, CT

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          allsid I went to Fairfield Prep!

Just about any BBQ meat would work, with BBQ sauce or pizza sauce. The smoked cheese idea kmhfive suggests is also good. Veggies, perhaps, depending on the veggies.

Comment

Banana, or pepperoncini rings and ham.

Comment

Hey EdF I am actually in Montana, but grew up in Stratford (young) Glastonbury (HS) and my parents have been lifetime residents of Fairfield county (Fairfield/Stratford) with maybe a 6 year exception. Even bad pizza in that area is better than good pizza in Montana- Unless I make it of course- LOL

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Course, I've heard that are some great Neopolitan style joints there these days. My impression was from the early 80's.

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              kmhfive What place in Spokane?

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              ComfortablyNumb , unfortunately, that was a while back. I can’t remember the name. I’ll ask my wife if she remembers.

Welcome Craig McDonald

Comment

Hope I'm not too late here. Seafood pizza--Alfredo sauce, shrimp, crab, very thin tomatoes, smoked cheese, and a sprinkle if Italian herbs.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                That sounds amazing

Pizza needs pepperoni and bacon. But all the above sound great and giving me some inspiration. I am trying pizza tonight.

Comment

I made flatbread pizza's this weekend with sautéed mushrooms, caramalized onions, and topped with gruyere cheese. Before putting on toppings, I brushed flatbread with olive oil and grilled on Weber. They were a big hit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here