Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maiden voyage pizza on a Weber 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maiden voyage pizza on a Weber 22

Weber 22, my first pizza on a Weber (usually done in an egg) and I will say it came out vvvvvg Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0068.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.16 MB ID:	293639 . I did read comments from the pit in the topic and watched a couple videos. Pizza stone went on and got ripping hot, and then the pizza went on via parhemrnt paper ( Breadhead I will get the silicon someday).

Not it sure how hot the Weber was but the pizza took about 15 mins to cook after the stone was preheated.

That looks great.

Comment

I had "Weber" pizza last night and it was great. Your looks really good .

Comment

Looks killer. That crust looks damn good.

Comment

Umm......... just wondering if you wanted a thumbs down in your title.

Looks like pizza is on my short list of things I want to do.

Comment

• Notavegan
            Notavegan commented
            Editing a comment
            Ummmmm, yea that thumbs down is operator error.

Nice looking pizza!

Comment

Nice looking cook!

Comment

Notavegan ... I too have a BGE and a Weber, 26".

Fill me in... what motivated you to bake a pizza in a Weber that is standing right next to a BGE? You planning a cook that will need both cookers?

if it took 15 minutes to bake that pizza you were probably cooking at 375°... no more than 400°.

Comment

Breadhead I have a bge. I was at my friends house that has a 22 and has used it for hot dogs. So a couple weeks ago I did filets in it and they were great. I told her the Weber is versatile, she asked if I could do pizza on the Weber.

Can an I do pizza on the Weber?? Are you kidding of course I can!!! ( first I just had to learn/ read/ ask/ listen). Then I told her that I'm willing to fail and learn and she was all for it.

Garlic and and oil on the pizzeria bought pizza dough, then a little bit of sauce, then ground beef and red onion and green pepper thin slices. A little cheese and it rocked. She's already whining for another pizza.

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There you go... where there's a will, there is a way. Now that you are a real pizza master on the grill it time to up your game and start making your own pizza dough.👍

Your pizza speaks for itself....looks fantastic! I give you a thumbs up (and now so does your post)!

Comment

fuzzydaddy Very kind of you, appreciate the fix.

The weber owner has now sent 3 separate texts asking for more pizza. Self described "carb queen" LOVED the crust. I neglected to show a pic of the bottom as I've seen others do. It had a slight char and an even brown. Crunched as you bit through. It otherwise wasn't tough.

I told her her came out great bc we benefit from the collective wisdom and experience of the Pit. So cheers to all of you for helping and encouraging.

Comment

Kudos for doing a pizza on the 22. I do it all the time. Don't have a BGE and won't likely have one. Pizzas on the 22 come out pretty dang nice in my book.

Just an old pic, but basically I set up my grill like this using the WSM fire ring and place the stone directly on the ring itself... I'll find a better pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	293793

Comment

Danged Cool setup there, lonnie mac ! I like th' way ya' thinks, brotha! Thanks fer sharin' such a great idea!

Comment

• lonnie mac
                        lonnie mac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just like you brotha! We make do with what we have!

We are humans. We figure out how to get stuff done!

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Especially when it comes to pizza. I'v been fighting the idea. Ya'll win, uncle! Now I've got to check out how to make my own pizza dough.

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can cheat and get some from a local pizza joint for your first couple/three experiments! Otherwise, I'm sure Breadhead will have some ideas for you. And then there's pizzamakers.com, the Amazing Ribs of pizza making.

• Breadhead
                        Breadhead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        FireMan ... I'm here to help.😆 Try this one it's unique and easy to make. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...yle-pizza.html

Originally posted by lonnie mac View Post
                      Kudos for doing a pizza on the 22. I do it all the time. Don't have a BGE and won't likely have one. Pizzas on the 22 come out pretty dang nice in my book.

Just an old pic, but basically I set up my grill like this using the WSM fire ring and place the stone directly on the ring itself... I'll find a better pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	293793
                      neat idea, so you go all around as opposed to just a "U" shape? How much of a chimney do you use? And do you use any wood? Finally, in this setup how long does it take?

I was thinking of doing some of the little ones - Margartia? ( http://amazingribs.com/recipes/pizza...argherita.html )

Meathead recommends a C in http://amazingribs.com/recipes/pizza..._of_pizza.html , but if your method means I don't have to rotate it, t hat's a plus. Although I'm not sure if that means I just do it for 5 minutes or 10.

Comment

• lonnie mac
                        lonnie mac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This pic is like 9 years old. LOL. A bit before AR. I'll have to update it! I retired this old grill a few months ago, so I'll have to try this with the new WSCGC. It's not a blazer temp wise, but it cooks good pizza.

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm sure!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here