Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

00 flour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

00 flour

I just got some Antico Molino Napoli Antimo Caputo '00' Flour and it brought my pizza dough to a entirely new level, amazing stuff. just wondering what other people are using for flour. the difference in my pizza when using this flour is night and day.

Congrats! What did you use for a dough recipe and at what temp did you cook the pizza?

Comment

• Amajeff99
      Amajeff99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I used a recipe that claimed it was the official Pizza dough recipe allowed in Napoli. I am not near my recipes now so I cannot recall the amounts at the moment I will try to remember to update the post when I get home.

I have used some 00 in the past. Seems I'm always trying it in a few different recipes. It's another fun four to bake with. Sometimes I try mixing Bread Flour and Whole Wheat with pretty good results. I use a BGE and pizza stone. What are you baking pizza on Amajeff99 ? Just curious.

Comment

I have a square pizza stone in a stainless steel rack that I have on an old Weber gas grill that I got as a Christmas present a few years ago . I can get the stone pretty hot with the grill on high 700 degrees +. next time I am going to either put the rig in my PK360 if it will fit or use the round Weber pizza stone I just got on sale for 10 buck on my Weber master touch 22 as I want to try to cook them over charcoal. I have also had luck with the stone I leave in my oven when the weather is too bad to cook outside but I can never get the inside oven hot as I like for pizza. I think I am going to try to build an earth over the summer but that is another project.

Comment

I'm tired of reading about this flour and not getting some! That does it! Ordered.

Comment

Where do you get the 00? I can't find it in my stores.

Comment

Locally, is kinda rare. I find it at whole foods on occasion. Not in the bulk bins, but in bags with the other flours. Is really low protein though and probably better for pasta than pizza dough. Someone posted a while back they found some at wally world. I can order it there, but have not seen it stocked.

Comment

The is a pizza sub-forum here that has lots of info. Here is a post I did on Weber pizza a while back:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...izza-attempt-2

If you take the temp over 700*, the Caputo 00 flour will help prevent your crust from burning. It's made to work at higher temps.

Comment

• Amajeff99
              Amajeff99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the link.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here