Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on reheating pizza on weber kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips on reheating pizza on weber kettle

Any tips on reheating a pizza on a Weber Jumbo Joe? I'm going camping and bringing along a pre-cooked round table pizza. Wrap in foil or just foil over grate? Recommended # of coals?

A hearty welcome from Illinois. Sorry though I have no idea how to reheat a pizza on a Weber.

Comment

I would go Hot and fast, make sure you have a diffuser in between the pizza and the coals if you do it this way. I would make sure I have something to block the direct heat. i have never done one on a Weber, but If I was going too. That is the route I would take.

Comment

What ever you do, don't wrap it! You'll wind up with a soggy mess. When we reheat pizza in the oven, we use a perforated pizza pan so that the bottom stays dry. You could probably perforate your foil, place it on the grill, and achieve a similar result.

Comment

Forget reheating pizza on a grill of any type. Get out your cast iron skillet, heat it to medium (at most) and warm up individual slices for a few minutes (you'll know when they're done - the bottom will be firm and crisp). I recommend taking any carry-out pizza home and reheating every slice this way. Way better than eating sloggy pieces out of the box. Quick, easy, and consistently fabulous results. Again, forget firing up a grill for reheating pizza. Total waste of time and energy, with unpredictable results. Cast iron skillet? Always a hit, and very fast.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to The Pit!

I agree with ChefAmok cast iron is a great way to go! Especially on the grill.

Comment

Welcome eds

Comment

Welcome to The Pit eds and ChefAmok .

Ed - your question was how to reheat on a grill. My first choice would be in a CI skillet over hot coals. Next would be a two zone method - low to heat and high to crisp the crust.

Comment

Nice to meet you! If you bring a large CI skillet with you you could turn it upside down on the grate. Go at about 325F and once the skillet is hot put the pizza on bare. The hot skill should be a good diffuser and help keep the crust crisp.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                  • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
                  • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
                  This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!
                  -Spinaker

Comment

As mentioned above, use a pan. Awesome crust this way. Here's a great article on the subject.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archive...tml?ref=search
                    Last edited by Dr ROK; October 16, 2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's my buddy, Jeffie! One of these days, I'm going to get to try out one of his restaurants in Atlanta (Varasano's). I learned a lot about home pizza making from this guy.

• Dr ROK
                      Dr ROK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure who Jeffie is????

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here