Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veggie Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veggie Pizza

Just got back from Bahama Green Turtle Cay Meatup where we had pizza one day. Veggie pizza to be exact. I had to try that at home and this is the result. Peppers, Onions, Zucchini, Cherry Tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, and a Sprinkle of Italian Herbs. A done on the BGE Kamado. My wife like it so that's all that matters. Great time at GTC too!!Click image for larger version

Name:	Veggie Pizza.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	282565

Beautiful pizza Skip!

Comment

Good job Skip. I have tried veggie only pizzas on my Vision grill and ruined them every time. They veggies smell and taste like charcoal or wood. My wife, too, is the judge. I commend you!

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the positive comments. I don't understand why your veggies would taste funny. I used a plate setter and pizza stone then only cooked for 7 minutes or so. Did yours cook fast?

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. There was awhile after I used some funky lump charcoal that my Kamado turned out some funky stuff. Meat was much more forgiving. The veggies in my veggie pizzas just absorbed the taste like a sponge. They looked bad, too. Yours is beautiful.

That's a great lookin' pie.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

NICE Pie!!!

Comment

Great looking pizza and I'm glad you had a good time at the Meatup!

Comment

Yuuuuummmm. Looks great.

Comment

Hmmm... a 7 minute cook. My guess is your baking temperature was between 450° and 500°, correct?

Comment

• Skip
                  Skip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, the stone temp was in that range.

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  7 minutes is about what my pizza's take in my BGE when I'm cooking regular pizza. If I'm using 00 flour making Neapolitan Pizza and baking at 800° it takes about 90 seconds.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here