Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Uuni Pro Pizza Oven launched today #MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Uuni Pro Pizza Oven launched today #MCS

I have been contemplating using my fantasy football winnings to buy the Uuni 2s, and now today, Uuni launched a project to fund the new Uuni Pro... Which is bigger, insulated, and can use charcoal, wood, pellets, or gas. I like the bigger size (the small personal size pizzas only have been my only hang up in getting one of these things).
    Would love to hear from anyone with the 2s and how they think the new Pro could be better, or if they think it is not worth it...
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/u...d=f6beec7101#/

The MCS is soooo STRONG!!!

Comment

That looks really nice, but I'm still working on getting the kettle to produce great pizza. And I ain't gonna quit 'till I get it right...

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        How hot are you able to get your kettle? What are the details of the "best" procedure you've found to date? Have you made Kenji's FP dough yet?

Looks like it will be a nice little pizza oven. The only problem I would be concerned with is ash build up. On my 1st generation UUni it starts building up ash to a point where the fire dies down after about 10 pizzas. If you are just using in the backyard, probably not a concern for you, but I use for catering so it is an issue for me. I decided to go with a roccbox and it has the same problem when using the wood burner. When using the gas burner, the roccbox is great!

Comment

That looks very cool!

Comment

Willy - I think I can get it over 900* F, but that's not the problem. The problem is getting the pizza stone up to temp. When the air is 900* and the stone is 600F, the top and bottom don't cook evenly. My setup is similar to this set from KettlePizza, (KP). I had a Baking Steel that I was given a number of years ago and I saved an old rusted Weber grate. So I put it all together like Kenji did in this post, but I put an old baking stone on the floor and the steel on top. Next time I will put the steel on the bottom and the stone on top.

What I do is put a whole chimney of lit coals in the SnS and assemble the KP so that the pizza opening is opposite the SnS. Then I place the preheated stone and steel, (preheated in the oven @ max temp), in place and I add some hardwood splits to the SnS. I wait a bit for the floor temp to rise, and then add the pizza. The problem is that the stone heats slower than the steel, so I need to place the steel on the bottom. BTW - I do cover the top grate with the steel or stone on it with foil. The steel or stone is on the fire side with the foil above it keeping the heat low.

If this isn't clear, ask questions and I will try to answer.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            AH. I was assuming a "regular" Weber kettle. Press forward! You WILL win in the end!

Willy - It can be done with a "regular" kettle as in this post. and I may wind up going back to that, but I want to see if I can get this working as well as Kenji did. If I do try this again, I will use my old, rusty Hovergrill to raise the pizza up higher in the top.

Comment

I took my UUNI 2S on it's maiden voyage about 2 weeks ago. (bought it before Christmas, but circumstances beyond my control delayed the trial) The use instructions that came with it were a little vague, but by the 4th pizza I had it down pretty well. I actually started cooking at about 10 minutes after lighting, but should have waited about 20 minutes. But compared to the 1 hour wait on my BGE that is quite an improvement. Also having the flame above the pizza I think did a better job of crisping the crust around the edge. The first pizza took about 5 minutes to cook, the 4th one about 2 minutes (a testament to preheating longer) The new UUNI Pro might have some advantages - but for the money I am very pleased with the 2S unit.

Comment

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              1 hour for BGE to heat up? Wow! Have you tried the BBQ Dragon to jumpstart your charcoal? That's what helped me get my pre-heating time down.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here