Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bakerstone Pizza Oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bakerstone Pizza Oven?

Hi everyone, I make pizzas about once a week for my wife to bring into work (also for dinner), since I'll soon be moving most of my cooking outside (once my house is completed) I've been looking at pizza stones and various other contraptions for turning a gas grill into a pizza oven. I found this thing and it looks pretty promising, has anyone tried it or seen it in action (outside of YouTube of course)?

​​​​​​http://www.bakerstonebox.com/

Also I normally do super thin crust (STL style) pizza because I can have it go from raw ingredients to dinner in about an hour but today I started fermenting a batch of Neapolitan style dough to use in a few days (I'm in an apartment with a crap oven so I'll be using the "Skillet/ Broiler" method that The Pizza Lab concocted) first time attempting it, I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

keep cooking!

We'll be looking forward to it. I've had pretty good success running the BGE superhot, but I realize that's not the direction you're going here. Will be interested in what you discover.

- Ed

Comment

At first glance it seems to me it might be something that could work well and that I would like to try.

Comment

I would love to try one out.

Comment

where's Breadhead when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by DeusDingo View Post
            where's Breadhead when you need him?
            I reviewed the videos and it appears like a viable pizza baking accessory. It appears to be all radiant heat to me. That is different. You might get some convection heat from inside your grill. 450° to 750° is a hot enough temperature to bake almost any type of pizza. It's the bare minimum for a true Neapolitan type dough using 00 flour but few people make that kind of pizza dough. Most pizza is best baked at 500° to 650° so I think it will do as advertised.

Domino's bakes their pizza's at 450° for 7 minutes on a conveyor oven.

Inview of the fact that I bake my pizza in a Kamado... I won't be a customer.😎

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too. ;-)

Thanks for the input everyone, I've also been looking at the Blackstone Pizza Oven (over 2x as much at about $299) but I'm trying to avoid having all of my back yard filled with equipment that only does one thing.

Thanks for the temp wisdom Breadhead, I'm probably not going to shoot for a "real" Neapolitan as I typically use bread or AP flour, just want to be able to make some decent pizzas since my only local options (without driving up to Austin) are Papa Johns, Dominos, Pizza Hut and Little Caesars.

whatever I wind up picking up for this project I'll make sure I put together a detailed post for y'all with pictures and maybe some video

Comment

I have had one for a month and so far so good. It requires some technique. But the outcome can be excellent. We will be cooking with them at our Meat-Up in the Bahamas.

Comment

Meathead awesome to hear that it works well, the one thing I can't find is what it's dimensions are. would it fit on a Broil King Signet 320?

Here are some pics from my cook today using Meathead's no knead neapolitan dough with the skillet-broiler method of cooking, it worked ok but the bottom of the pies got a little scorched, think I may have had the skillet a little too hot. counting down the days until I move into my house so I can go get my grill and my smoker and do some real cooking.

Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here