Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: All Time Best Classic Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Beef -- Hot, Wet -- would probably be my first choice, but there are many contenders, I'd add White House to the discussion
    Last edited by Murdy; March 3, 2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Had to go with Reuben as it was the first thing I thought of when I read the title.
      I do love a good Reuben from a proper deli.

That said, I’m a fan of most of those. I like making Philly Cheesesteak on my griddle...with some jalapeño/pico de gallo mixed in for good measure.
      And it’s tough to beat a French dip...especially when I can pick one up from Philippe’s.

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Around here the Reuben comes from a proper bar & grill.

Decided to grill today's ham and cheese. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0728.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	811049

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Grilling a sandwich is often the way to go. Try a grilled PB&J to take it to the next level.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        My ideal last meal would be a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a bowl of split pea soup.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack yeah, Buddy! Grilled pbj's Rock, hint: ya can also melt some nestle's morsels all up in there, make a reese's pbj. NOM!

A New Orleans Porboy! It matters little what you put on it the unique bread makes the sandwich! Even a French fry porboy with gravy is great.

Comment

• aladdin4d
        aladdin4d commented
        Editing a comment
        You can't bring poorboys without giving a muffaletta an honorable mention.

I chose Cheeseburger that wouldn't have been my first choice before learning to prepare a smash burger here.
      Before smashing it was definitely a bacon and cheese toasted sandwich closely followed by chicken mayo and this more so after learning how to smoke chicken.

Comment

I feel like you're asking me to pick which is my favorite child. (Not really, but twas a hard decision).

BLT for me, because bacon. Especially the middle of summer with garden fresh beefsteak tomato.........

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooooo bacon and garden fresh tomato and mayo...……..

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Tons of mayo on a club....the whole bottle

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm…… you forgot SPAM

I think another fun question would be what people eat on all of these sandwhiches... i.e. for me a bologna sandwhich nirvana would is a few slices of thick cut bologna, ketchup, pickle, and lays potato chips all smashed between two slices of cheap white bread....

IMHO though this really comes down to a battle between: Burger, PB&J, and Lunchmeat....

To that end... the winner of CLASSIC sandwhich has to be the PB&J.

However I want to share this little piece of bologna humor with you... if you have ever ate bologna you have to be able to relate:

Comment

Really my perspective with this poll is what is the most popular classic sandwich, not so much what's your personal favorite, but this is a fun thread regardless.

And I'm limited to 15 choices so I had to cut a few, but I KNEW I'd get the "You forgot xx" responses Didn't forget, just had to settle. Pastrami and Meatloaf were neck and neck when I was adding choices, but cold meatloaf sandwiches are popular among many folks I know so I opted for meatloaf instead of pastrami because I figured I'd hear all about forgetting meatloaf, and Reuben is sorta similar to pastrami (I said sorta!).

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            surfdog Regional and seasonal. Around these parts, the Reuben gains traction this time of year with all of the corned beef and cabbage being servied.

• SmokeyNate
            SmokeyNate commented
            Editing a comment
            Hard to beat a fried meatloaf sandwich with some leftover smoked meatloaf! A little ketchup and sourdough.........man thats hard to beat!

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I do really like pan frying leftover sliced meatloaf for sandwiches...really good!

It was tough but I had to go with the French Dip. I've never had a bad one, even the ones from Arby's are pretty good.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            That wet mushy salty goodness is hard to not love.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            My ex-wife is a French dip.

Pastrami on Rye or Italian beef. I wasn’t really introduced to Italian beef sandwiches until I got married. And cannoli, and ...

Comment

I voted French Dip but I'm still agonizing. Huskee you make this soooooo difficult! Fun post though!

Comment

I can’t vote unless I know what you mean by sloppy joe. Where I grew up in Northern NJ, it referred to the most delicious deli sandwich ever. In the other 49 1/2 states it was a loose meat sandwich I’m which case it finishes last.

Comment

It would be a New Orleans Porboy, dressed, but it is hard to decide between roast beef, shrimp and oyster.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Shrimp, fer me...

I just voted for a burger. How many delegates did i win?

Now let me explain (Channeling FireMan ) why this poll is rigged. My first thought after a killer burger was a Rueben. That is a work of art and we are comparing it to a plain burger.

but your points above about preferences are well noted. Seems like bananas and kumquats though.

yeah your list would have had everything on it. Nice list though. Man a killer meat loaf sammie though.... feeling like I need to make a burger soon. I have some great scrap in the freezer.

Nice one Huskee!!

Comment

• Donw
                Donw commented
                Editing a comment
                Your burger exceeded the 15% goal in voting to award delegates so it looks like you and Rueben will be sharing all the delegates.

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                Just make a Reuben burger.

Originally posted by mnavarre View Post
              You forgot hot dogs...
              Lol you beat me to it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here