Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: All Time Best Classic Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to go PB&J. I loved them long before I was allowed to play with fire, and I still love them today. Jif crunchy, Smuckers strawberry jam, whole wheat bread. Simple, fast, perfect.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup! In my top 5.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      A really good PBJ is always among my faves...
      Do yerself a favour, an try summa Laura Beth's jellies, jams, preserves...

Smuckers is bad-arse, an always acceptable, but lB's is a whole nuther level...

I also always use real butter, an sometimes flash grill my pbj in a th ol CI, even toastin is acceptable, if I'm in a hurry...

Don't be afraid to slap some yer fave cheese all up in there, as well...thinly sliced apple (I likeys granny smith) is also a nice addition...

Jus sayin lol...

I voted for the Reuben since I'm a Reuben fanatic. If a Reuben is on the menu, I'll chose it 9 times out of 10. My second choice is a Cuban. I make a killer Cuban from the recipe in the movie Chef.
    This is the Cuban Pork Cubano sandwich from the 2014 Chef movie. The ACTUAL recipe from the movie which was created by rock star chef Roy Choi!

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      awe man a Cuban is good too. My wife said where's the po-boy and muffelletta

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 - Absolutely! I use this recipe for the pork butt https://icuban.com/food/lechon_asado.html

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Reuben is def among my faves, tough match against patty mely, though, or even a great tuna melt lol

I love all sandwiches....

Comment

I love a good reuben but i had to go french dip. When made with the right bread and fresh au jus....man

Comment

Hard to pick just one. I love sandwiches....Literally my favorite food.

Comment

There once was a restaurant in Copper Harbor, Mi., don’t know if it’s still there, this was some 35 to 40 years ago. That fer the unwashed is near the tip of the Keewenaw Peninsula, that finger sticking into the Lake they call Gitchigumeh (Superior). I had a life altering Rueben that remains unmatched in my quest thru life. So, the answer/vote would be "that" Rueben sandwich.

Comment

• radshop
            radshop commented
            Editing a comment
            That lake it is said never gives up its dead when the skies of November turn gloomy.

Considering I've been making lots of ham and cheese sandwiches lately and will probably have one today, I guess I'm voting with my tummy...

Comment

This was rough, I don't think of a burger or a sub style thing as a sandwich, but obviously they technically are. As such, I had to go with a french dip. A bad one is still good, but a great one has so much flavor built up in the broth. It's like pho, a great broth makes the meal. You don't get that complexity with any of the other sandwich offerings except maybe a burger since you can overload one or use complex meat blends.

True classic would be PB&J... still voted on the french dip though.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              🤔🤔🤔🤔

There's too many to choose from, I can't decide.
            One option missing is Montreal Smoked Meat, naked on a light rye.
            I just want to taste the meat and bread, otherwise with a horsy mayo mustard, maybe a slice of Swiss....

Comment

I absolutely LOVE cheeseburgers. But I won't vote for them as a sandwich. IMHO, burgers are their own category.
              Last edited by Dewesq55; March 3, 2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I go back & forth, but I do get what you're saying.

I'm not sure I have a fave in that list, there's at least 4 vying for the top spot...

Comment

Gyro could be a contender too.

Comment

I went with Ham and Cheese. My Dad took this to work every day. For yeeeeaaars…. Ham, swiss with a good brown mustard and relish on rye.
                  I like them also. Thanks for the memory, Huskee.
                  Last edited by HawkerXP; March 3, 2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My dad took braunschweiger every day for so many years that when he didn't take it one night the guys at work wrote it on the calendar!

I didn't see hamburger in the list until AFTER I cast my vote. I don't consider hamburgers a sandwich, but a category unto itself, haha!

I was leaning hard towards the Philly cheesesteak, then saw the Monte Cristo in the list... It is so hard to beat a club sandwich, battered, deep fried, covered with powdered sugar, and server with raspberry jam.... sweet AND savory.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree, it is lunch/dinner & dessert in one! There's a place in Traverse City MI called North Peak brewery that remains the best Monte Cristo I've ever had, we once went there for lunch and dinner in the same day and I got it both times.

Pastrami Sammie!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	811025Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0568.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	811026

Comment

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh man, yer killin me!!!!

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man food right there.

• IowaGirl
                    IowaGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or hungry wimmin food!

I might take half home, but I'd sure like to tuck inta that sammich.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here