Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is the day for this sub forum: Thursday, November 3 Sandwich Day 2022 in United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day for this sub forum: Thursday, November 3 Sandwich Day 2022 in United States

I was already thinking about soup and sandwiches before I realized today was THE day. Now I have to decide if I stick with my simple grilled cheese thought or go big somehow

New Orleans po’boy. Tough to beat. The greatness is in the bread.

Comment

I already devoured mine and didn't even know. It was pretty boring, very subpar sourdough sliced off what I thought was a fresh loaf but was dry as heck. Some amazing small batch salami, some ham, and some swiss I smoked.

Comment

Well now I may be the one calling an audible on dinner! Already planned to shove a can of caramel apple cider up a chickens butt and now I find out it is sammich day!!! What to do what to do?

Comment

I had a ham sandwich on rye. my usually lunch

Comment

I just started eating my lunch Sammie and saw this. This is my usual: salami (Hebrew National sliced off the roll), slice of red onion, slice of tomato,slice American cheese, lettuce, mayo, yellow mustard on Nature’s Own 100% Wheat slices, with a side Clausen pickle. I think I’ve fulfilled my social obligations for the week!

Comment

Just by happenstance I made myself a ham and swiss on white with Guilden's brown mustard this morning, which I am eating right now.

Comment

Today was a grilled ham & cheese topped with a tomato fresh from the garden today on homemade bread. It was a great way to celebrate Sandwich Day even if I had no clue that it was such a day.

Comment

I decided to take care of this for lunch. Too many options for dinner to have a sandwich prevail.

Pulled chicken, provolone, avocado, pickles, mixed greens, dijon, and mayonnaise on sliced bread from a local Mexican bakery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cKnU02-u5ZWlvfHba560ffumPzBYOj3rxf4SD3KogQCItQvQmvhvVBgfOiacbDYNY-yxpZl_QKfnHxB6NF-vR0wuptr5BVVPFOinZ9rf99jOAInMEXb_5XZFw2tZsQCM-ocbErKc6iY75yUuuCZu6hm6lMSfCwKku8LXEzrU_0fm5__pMDvTDXZdFHcdrAEpxRdZbPn0K7NqKj2oYhrAu8N9gMyvGbnWj_Fi5z0psF4BiqMoG2jWKDH_Mdp5j03
Views:	147
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1319429

Comment

I feel like a big ol' sammich sounds pretty good.

I dunno. We'll see what I can whip up tonight. If anything. Got a lot going on, maybe just throw some ham on a slab of bread. <sigh>

Comment

• Skip
                      Skip commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nothing wrong with that!

Hrm... have some leftover ribs in my fridge - perhaps I go big and make a McRib tonight....

Comment

I had Jimmy John's for lunch. That will have to count.

Comment

Didn't know this was a thing. I had tunafish on my freshly baked 100% Whole Wheat today. I'm doing mussels in garlic sauce tonight. No delema here, I've honored the day.

Comment

Love sandwiches!!!

Comment

The Cadillac Mother Clucker here in ETX at Stanley's Pit BBQ or the pastrami at Katz in NY are the best sandwiches in the world IMO.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here