Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My best bud is in town, so we're cooking & showing he/son how2BBQ! #SpreadingTheJoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best bud is in town, so we're cooking & showing he/son how2BBQ! #SpreadingTheJoy

So, what does one do when your best friend comes over to hang out for a few day? BBQ, of course. And, teach his son how to do it well!

Last night, we split a 16 pound brisket, injected one side and not the other, and put them on the stick burner somewhere around 11 pm. They had a great time trimming and prepping the brisket.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3415.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	98966

Name:	IMG_3418.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	98967
    Here is the profile view of the meat. So cool! This is a Texan Excel Choice brisket. Def not as marbled as the 1855 Briskets we cooked on thursday.

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	98969
    We also picked up some beef short ribs for added fun. Figured they would be ready in time for early breakfast.

Name:	IMG_3427.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	98965
    Fires at night are fun to hang around!

Name:	IMG_3428.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	98963

Name:	IMG_3432.JPG
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	98968
    Ribs were overcooked after 4.5 hours on, but they were still really good.

About noon, we put on 2 racks of ribs on the WSM. My friend's son did all the prep, as I gave instruction.

Name:	IMG_3438.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	98970

Name:	IMG_3443.JPG
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	98971
    They came out great!!!

The briskets, well, the fire management had some spottiness, so the temps went up and down. We only ate a little bit of it at dinner, with all the chicken and veggies we also cooked.

Name:	IMG_3401.JPG
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	98974

And I made a cool, creamy mac & cheese and topped it with Brisket pieces!

Name:	IMG_3445.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	98972

I got them a Weber 22" grill to take home to get restarted on outdoor cooking!

It is so fun to share the knowledge and passion of cooking.

Thanks to God for friends and sharing from the provision He has given us!
    Attached Files

The sliced ribs pic, with the kid, is incredible! Nice bark. #stickburnerlove

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      I cut my teeth on the WSM, and I love them! But my future is in burning more and more and more and more and more and more logs!!!!

Did I tell you my secret, Huskee, that I have a Jambo Backyard on the way?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      PaulstheRibList Woohoo! That's great. I'll keep your secret until you're ready to share it publicly on, say, a BBQ forum or something.
      #oneofeverything

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, I really like the #OneOfEverything.

Today, I used the Pellet Cooker, the WSM, the Stickburner and the Charcoal Grill.

The Insulated Cabinet got the day off.

Awesome Cook PaulstheRibList , I was camping this week and took the kettle and SnS and was sharing this site and the science of salt to some friends along with a couple pork butts for pulled pork.
    Congrats on your Secret, I can't wait to see that in action. I started fabricating my stick burner a little while ago and it is a Jambo Backyard clone sort of. since I have never seen one up close I used the Feldon's pit calculator and winging it. I plan on getting more done this week and will start posting the build.

Comment

Looks great, always fun to share the learning! My 6 year old is gonna be the best smoker around when she grows up, she already helps with the prep and wrapping.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here