Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakfast for Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t until after noon cept one day every other week. So my "breakfast" is after noon or later. I try to leave the taters & waffles off the list, toast at times. I go thru 2-4 eggs a day, love em.

Comment

We do it several times during the colder months of the year. Not sure why but it seems better when the weather is cold. Occasionally during other times of year. Breakfast is great anytime!

Comment

Often very often. It's an easy option and always so enjoyable.

Comment

Wife does it all the time, me guess I'm more traditional.

Comment

I chose twice a year, but it’s really like once every couple months. I make a good omelet, we split it and serve with bacon and bagels.

Comment

I love breakfast food, but mainly just at breakfast time. For some reason I feel a little guilty if I'm not eating some vegetables with dinner, and bacon/sausage/eggs/biscuits/etc. doesn't typically have that. But I'll still do it and like it a couple of times per year.

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                Put some peppers in some scrambled eggs, guilt gone!

Great way to end Grave Yard Shift.

Comment

Whenever I can! Since I've been working from home I do it for lunch a lot, too!

Comment

I am actually just glad the no one selected leave me alone

Comment

• DavidNorcross
                    DavidNorcross commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh well....so much for that

• dubob
                    dubob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry David - I just couldn't resist. We actually do cereal for supper several times a year. Can't remember ever doing a cooked breakfast for supper. Still love ya brother! 😁

• DavidNorcross
                    DavidNorcross commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man no worries. I put it there for fun..

I know I had it a handful of times when I was a kid, but haven’t had it in years. And almost certain that I’ve never made it myself. Far too many other "dinner" options I guess.

Comment

Are we seriously having this conversation? Seriously? Well, first you need to get off my lawn, and then I'll try to address you as if I think you can understand what I'm saying!

If I want to have a cheeseburger with jalapeños at 8 a.m., why are my kids calling 911 on me?
                    If I want to have an omelette and a beer at 12:30 a.m... so what?
                    And why are my pancakes interfering with the Panda Express you decided to have for dinner? That's on YOU, not me.
                    The PK Grill doesn't know it's 4 a.m. -- it just knows I have a steak to cook. So why can't the local fire department figure that out?

Sheesh!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LoL!

There is nothing wrong with biscuit's and gravy with a side of bacon for supper. Plus you wake up and it's only a couple of hours till drinking time

Comment

Breakfast for dinner is great. You can make all the things (biscuits, sausage gravy, bacon, eggs, hash browns, pancakes/waffles). Plus, after you eat all that heavy, lovely food you can relax until bed instead of actually trying to move and be productive for the day. Oh, and the leftovers are great..... for breakfast!
                      Last edited by snowswamp; January 26, 2021, 12:51 AM.

Comment

An omlette can be dinner or breakfast. So can refried beans and chorizo in a tortilla. 9:00PM pancakes? Why yes, thank you.

Any time is the right time for "scattered, smothered and covered."

I worked so many second and third shifts when I was in the military that it just seems natural to eat creamed chip beef, Navy Minced Beef, or SOS on toast with eggs at any time of day.
                        Last edited by Bkhuna; January 26, 2021, 04:54 AM.

Comment

We don’t have breakfast for dinner often, but I do like breakfast food better for dinner than for breakfast. Not much of a morning eater, but when I do make breakfast, it’s normally hash browns, bacon and/or sausage and eggs on the flat top.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here