Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amping my BBQ game! Waffle Cone BBQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    And I thought I was legit with fajitas today. Granted my consumption of certain of foods is just so I can enjoy sweets which is what makes waffle cones totally legit.
    I literally see every food I now consume through the eyes of: "can I waffle cone this?"

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you make one big enough to shove a whole packer inside of it?

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard if you come to my house and make me that brisket, I’ll find a way to make it work!

Maybe all a KFC famous bowl is missing is a waffle cone

Comment

I’ve been experimenting here. I heard about this product called Muddy Bites which are tiny waffle cone tips with a chocolate bottom (the best part of a Drumstick waffle cone dessert that you get at a gas station freezer). They literally are just the waffle cone tips. While I’ve never had them, I was figuring why can’t I just create that with my waffle cone maker?

I searched high and low. No such product (tiny waffle cone roller) exists. Then I was watching a YouTube video by our very own Henrik, and he was using a step bit to drill a hole in sheet metal to fabricate one of his smokers. BRILLIANT! He even used the word "step bit" so I could google what he was using. THANKS! I tried it tonight, and it worked like a charm!

Now, I can make tiny waffle cones. I’m thinking of putting some chocolate (like those muddy bites) or just put a Chik Fila chicken nugget on top. 😋
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scottranda; February 8, 2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Henrik mentioned and now tagged!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Now THAT's inventive!! Glad I could help, would never have guessed a step bit can be used for making tiny waffle cones. Cool!

Here is the step bit
    Attached Files

Comment

You know... this would be an awesome food truck

During the holidays try a stuffing waffle cone with smoked turkey.

Comment

This all looks amazing and is not what I need to see on a rumbling stomach. Put myself on a diet last week, hoping to stay on it...

Comment

Made some chocolate stuffed mini waffle cones (like those muddy bites I was mentioning). Might also toss them in some powdered sugar tomorrow! 😋

It’s been raining like crazy here. Next weekend when it clears up, I’ll likely do some BBQ and put it in a waffle cone!
          Attached Files

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

Brilliant idea! You could put any barbecue meat with your choice of sides and it would be killer.

Great idea for a food truck!

...how is this not already a stand at every fair?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
                PaulstheRibList inspired me years ago!
                Dude!!!!! So fun!

Comment

• scottranda
                  scottranda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the inspiration!!

I saw a guy build some s’mores in cones. They are great desserts.
                Last edited by LA Pork Butt; May 2, 2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• scottranda
                  scottranda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes! I saw a video the other day! I just made 7 waffle cones (just now). Is it ok to BYOWC to the ice cream shop? I will find out tonight!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here