Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I ever learn? I don't think so.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I ever learn? I don't think so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_214331.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	920750
    Here is the last haul she gave us.
    The small reds are hot.

Did a burger tonight. Pretty simple. About 5 oz. Did salt, pepper and FlatIron Sweet Heat using the grinder. Bacon and Cheese. What kind of cheese? You would think cheddar, american. Nope Pepper Jack. Then there was the popper. I do a cream cheese, scallions and pepperoni food processed. I make a bunch and just keep in the fridge. My Neighbor, a 70 Y.O. asian woman, is a master at gardening. Where you have marigolds and petunias she has vegtables. She always shares her bounty with us. Now with Covid rings the bell and i see her on the Ring. Go out an a bag of something on the porch. One thing she grows are red peppers. I'll follow up with a picture. She brought them last year. I asked what type are they? Her answer in her accent and a smirk, "hot". Yes they are. Brought about a dozen this year. So I decided to add this to the mixture for the popper. Now we all know the heat can vary by the Jalapeño. You have hot, mild or MEH. I have no idea of the heat level of the pepper. I do know my mouth was on fire. Bite the burger, chomp the pepper. And I like the Ora-Ida Zesty Fries. Not a lot of heat, as the label says Zesty.
    It was delicious. But I was sweating and my nose was running. Maybe I don't want to learn.
    Last edited by RichieB; October 7, 2020, 07:05 AM.

Lil fellers, bout th size of a pubescents pinky finger???

Comment

• Stuey1515
      Stuey1515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Used to grow some little black suckers that were about that size. Two of those in a large pot was enough to know you were alive

I reckon you can have things actually too hot, but I'm not calling it spicy until there is sweat running through my hair and my eyes are getting steamy haha
    Last edited by Stuey1515; October 11, 2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

well Hot Peppers are a thing gone by. I like the flavor but heat mild. If that makes sense.
      Lesson learned? Not, it is to much fun cooking different items, trying different things.
      Will you ever learn? Sounds as if you learned about those red peppers.

Comment

I learned a few years ago about some jalapeño peppers I grew in my garden. Sharing them with a coworker with the understanding that his wife would make some of her specialty salsa with them to share, I was informed that those jalapeños were actually Serranos!

Yup, required some extra tomatoes and onions to tone it down for me.

Comment

I am always reminded of my high school basketball coach saying, “Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson afterwards.” Here’s hoping you do have to repeat the class.

Comment

• Fire Chicken
            Fire Chicken commented
            Editing a comment
            Oddly enough, it makes sense.

Now that's my kind of meal! i love the heat and sweats and then the nose running's.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Throw a hiccup in there also!

Thanks for making me laugh!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis