Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Tips for the Perfect BBQ (Cookout)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A "no smoking" sign

Comment

• ClayJones
      ClayJones commented
      Editing a comment
      That would actually be perfect lol

I like my cooks to have a 1...2 punch with the main (meat) courses. My favorite combo is ribs and steak.

Basically, I get people to come right as the ribs are coming off for final saucing. People love to help on the grill, so this goes over pretty well. Then I cut the ribs and they start eating and totally forget about me....

...and that's when I'm doing steaks, which doesn't take too long....

I bring out a steak for each person (all medium to medium well to play safe) and come in and casually ask "what temp do you want?" Folks are dumfounded (and pretty full), but they dive into their steaks. Sometimes couples share one.

The main thing I like about this approach is that you can put people in food comas pretty early so you don't have to "entertain" too much as the cookout goes on. People drink afterwords, but not too much to get hammered because they're so full.

Final benefit: I get to tell people when to leave without offending. I do mid day cooks, so it's easy (and true) to say "I got up at 4am to start these ribs."

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burner.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	832513
      First Tip - I light my coals with a heavy duty turkey fryer stand.

Second Tip - never junk an old truck.

Name:	Smoker Truck 1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	832514

Name:	Smoker Truck 2.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	832515

Comment

Beer, friends, and meat on the pit. Nothin' better.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Beer and friends and meat on the pit
          NO RELATIVES….at least none on the wife's side anyway....

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I did say 'friends,' not 'relatives.' And I do agree with you regarding some distant relations

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here