Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not sure I've ever sent my food back to the kitchen before, but I did today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eat at very few local restaurants but the one I do frequent often has this big sign in the kitchen over the door leading the dining area.. "If its not right, its wrong. If its wrong throw it out." They take the quality of the food they are serving religiously and that keeps us coming back.

Comment

In regards to all the folks that are afraid to send things back for fear of retribution from the kitchen staff.....

as a former chef/cook/service industry person that's done everything under the sun - that's offensive. Kitchen staff/servers may go back to the kitchen and talk a little trash, but they'd never do anything to your food. Never. I've worked in multiple kitchens, never seen it, nor did I ever hear it mentioned - and you can't even begin to imagine the horrible customers I've served.

I don't care what movie you've seen, the fact that you see a story about it once or twice a year on the news happening in McDonald's or wherever should tell you it never happens. Those people get caught and punished, not just at work, but by the law.

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that. I choose to trust people whenever I can and this reinforces that for me.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I am one of those guys. Sorry - don't mean to offend anyone, but that is just the way I am. No reason for it other than my own phobias.

From the other side:

I managed a fast food restaurant well over 40 years ago. One day a lady told me her husband loved the burgers we served. I said than you very much, but she continued - "Yes - he doesn't even have to put his teeth in to chew them."

Comment

It's Orlando. 99.99995 percent of the population is clueless about Mexican food. Hence, the plethora of cheezyassed psueo TexMex for the tourist joints that abound.

I know of one, count em, ONE, restaurant that makes good chilaquiles. It's a Mexican place in Sanford and the clientele is Mexican.

If you want the name of this place, I'd be glad to give it to you.

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I have a place much closer that sounds very similar.

I just realized that I have photos of the very best chilaquiles I've ever had. Last August, I was in San Diego and went to Cocina 35:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.06 MB ID:	796720

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	796719

Those poor folks in Orlando never had a chance to impress me after enjoying this plate.

Comment

And here is the more traditional version from the local eatery, Los Avina, with locations in Archer and Newberry. Lots of local laborers are always there at lunch time. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0065.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	796729

Comment

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            They have Negra Modelo to boot.

I will say something if the food is completely incorrect from what I order or messed up. A few months ago, we were at a Buffalo Wild Wings and our food was slow to get to us, then as I started dipping my chips into the salsa dish, I noticed some white on the salsa dish. It looked like it had ranch in it then wasn't cleaned and then salsa added to it. Yuck!! I immediately stopped eating and my husband called the waiter over. We showed him, he said he would get the manager. The manager came over and took the little dish, profusely apologized and left. He came back a bit later and said he took the dish to the kitchen and told the staff that was completely unacceptable and made them go through all the condiment dishes to be sure they were all clean. He came back and told us our whole meal was comped and apologized some more. It was my husband, myself and our son. I am glad they took care of us by comping the meal, but we probably won't go back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here