Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paella

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Paella

    I'm looking for a recipe for making Paella on a BGE.

    #2
    I posted one a while back using my Kamado Joe

    Comment


    #3
    Have you seen my recipe on the free site?

    Comment


    #4
    I'll have to dig up my recipe, Meathead's looks FANTASTIC though. Been a lot of years but I do mine on the kettle. Now I'm hungry!!


    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 4.19.56 PM.png
Views:	302
Size:	529.6 KB
ID:	438839


    Click image for larger version

Name:	273128_2131293958699_6750066_o.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	438840

    Comment


      #5
      If you're into sous vide, here's a real nice Tyler Florence inspired paella;

      Sunscreen, inflatables, a competitive game of Marco Polo—the summer pool party is no joke. You know what else is no joke? Cooking the perfect meal to feed your hungry hordes after a day full of splashing around. But you’re in luck. Superstar chef and friend of ChefSteps Tyler Florence has come up with the ultimate solution: poolside paella cooked with Joule. Paella is one of those crowd-pleasing dishes that have everything—oodles of different proteins, heaps of carbs, and spices galore. The only problem: these one-pot dishes usually call for cooking everything together, which can lead to dry chicken thighs and rubbery shellfish.Chef Tyler’s solution: cook all of those paella proteins with Joule, then add them back in just before serving. Marinating the chicken and shellfish and cooking them sous vide gives you the same delicious flavor you’d expect from traditional paella, without the risk of overcooking. That means you can spend less time checking on your chicken—and more time lounging by the water with the people you love.OTHER PEOPLE’S IDEAS: A Series From ChefSteps At ChefSteps, we love to cook. And we love to share our top tips and techniques with you. But we’re not the boss of everything, and we learn from our friends and colleagues every day. That’s why we created Other People’s Ideas, a new series starring our favorite subject experts. These talented folks are here to help you tackle everything from soup dumplings to pizza pie—and have a ton of fun along the way. You down with OPI? Yeah you are. Let’s do this.

      Comment


        #6
        I used a recipe from this site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm

        Comment


        • EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Very good article!

        • barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that was a great how to article. One of the better ones I have read.

        #7
        My brother in law makes a damn good paella. We used the kettle one time but will never use a bbq again. it makes a huge mess and he actually purchased a dedicated propane burner and pan that go together which turns out great results.

        There is a lot of splattering of the oils and everything while you are frying or browning the chicken before adding the rice and letting everything simmer.

        Anyways my personal opinion is to use a gas burner which is not on your deck or concrete that can stain everything.

        Cheers,
        JimmyD

        Comment


          #8
          This is the base of my paella. Over the years, I’ve combined a few recipes but this was where I started. I always used my gas grill until recently when I tried it out on my kettle grill. Pics below from the last cook. Loved it! Have fun cooking it up!




          Attached Files
          Last edited by barelfly; January 13, 2018, 09:17 AM.

          Comment


          • gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks beautiful and delicious. Unfortunately, the link didn't work. I went to the web site and copied this link.



            I just tested it. It worked.

          • barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the comments and link fix. I updated it.

          #9
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20170610_192214.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	439194

          Comment


          • barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks great!

          #10
          Sorry to be so very late with my reply but thanks to everyone for the ideas. I've made a few good ones so far. I do like the crunch I get on the rice when I cook it on my BGE.

          Comment


          • gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the socarrat, which means lightly toasted.

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7