Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paprika 3 recipe app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paprika 3 recipe app

I've seen a lot of talk about Paprika. I've been using a similar app in Nextcloud on my home server, but this looks much more useful. My only concern is the large amount of ads I saw on the trial Android version. Does all that go away when you buy it?

I've never seen ads in my iOS, Windows or Mac versions of Paprika... all paid for. So I imagine any ads on Android go away when you purchase. I never had any trial versions of the app.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here on three OSs. No ads

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      What he said. Best app ever !!

I have the free version of the Android app, and I don't see any ads. Where are you seeing them?

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Like Sonny said, pay the bucks you cheap skate The cloud sync alone is worth it. It immediately updates all versions across all platforms you have it downloaded to. I do my heavy editing on my PC and it shows up instantly on my phone app.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I paid, and I get no ads; but I never used the free version, so, idk. Cloud sync and unlimited recipes are both worth it. Any time I see a recipe I might be interested in, I download it into Paprika. If I never use it, that’s fine, because it still has ideas that can be used elsewhere (pot roast and short ribs and beef stew and beef barley soup are all similar for example).

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang Mosca, you got me at beef barley soup. I have some barley too...hmmmmm

I just downloaded it today, and it was full of ads. maybe something new. just the free version of the app though so I could check it out.

Comment

I j ust realized that I was actually in a recipe site when I got flooded with ads. it wasn't the ap at all, got fooled since you do that from within, and you know, cuz I'm stupid. LOL

Comment

Been using it on iOS for a couple years…after reading about it in countless posts here. I love it…and never have any ads.

Comment

Abom I find myself in that same situation often! It happens when I click the link to the recipe (near the title) from within the app. Some times I find not ALL the info gets downloaded. In the same breathe, sometimes the directions will duplicate because of the way those annoying recipe template sites are set up. In the end, the benefits FAR outweigh the minor housekeeping. Have fun with this app!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here